1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help What is the easiest way to start on the same planet as your friends?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by unholysalmon, Nov 17, 2017.

1. unholysalmon

unholysalmon Space Hobo

I'm planning on doin a play-through with a few friends, neither of us having touched the game since sometime during late beta. The thing is we want to start in the same area/on the same planet.

I've read up a bit and found some info about the settings defaultWorldCoordinate and useDefaultCoordinate in the server configs but then I read on some other forum post that they were removed? I tried them out anyways but they sure don't seem to work (yes, I shut down the server before editing the config). Since we will mostly play the game together and usually be on the same place or at least in the same area we kind of want to have the experience of exploring the universe together as well.

I've tried using the mod linked here https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/single-starting-world-template.3117/ but it doesn't seem to work either. Is there any way to actually do this or are we stuck having to start on wildly different parts of the universe?

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I will admit that I've not done any multiplayer, but can't you just beam to their ship and then beam down to the world their ship is orbiting? Pretty sure I've read about the ability to beam to a teammate's ship... then once on the planet, someone can dump a flag on it and you can beam to it yourself.

Or is that not how this works?

3. 20XXkiller

20XXkiller Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thats how party systems should work.
    even if the planets are different, you just teleport to the ship of the designated person.
    it might even be a advantage to have ships over different planets as long as one person places a teleport portal on a planet all of them can use.