1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the current lore on the species and general things around Starbound universe?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by xaliber, Mar 2, 2017.

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've read a couple of available codexes, but I'm not too sure myself with the established lore.

I think I might have things mixed up too with removed lore/fan speculation, from reading in the forums, e.g. I'm not sure if Agaran still is considered Floran mutation and tortures Floran with lava, or if Apex still experiments on other species, or if the conspiracy between the species leader is still considered happen. The official wiki doesn't seem to have useful information either.

I have only played Starbound post 1.0 release - that might explain why I got things mixed up.

So... is there anywhere I can read about the established lore? Any clues on their social structure, politics, anything. Because I've been making species-themed dungeons, and I'd like to stay close to the lore as much as possible.

2. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Here's the wiki page of all the codexes ingame: http://starbounder.org/Codex

The lore for the races is really simple tbh. Not anything you wouldn't expect.

The Agaran's are just regular NPC's now. They have nothing to do with the story and are just travelling merchants at most.

The conspiracy storyline is gone completely, unfortunately. (I felt it was extremely interesting. I wish they would've kept it, but oh well..)

spoilers below:

It's implied that Novakid are the ancients, who are also pieces of the Cultivator. (The "god" figure in the lore)
    But of course, they don't remember any of this, and neither does anyone else (for obvious reasons)..