1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Starbound team doing?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kezeal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

True

2. Ripperjk

Ripperjk Phantasmal Quasar

People not liking some (or all) of what a company says they're working on is just the way the cookie crumbles, everyone has their ideal of what a game should be/do and you will never please everyone all the time.

Silence, however, is never a good option, as it gives the playerbase, as a whole, the impression that nothing is going on, whether or not that is true. In my experience, and Im sure many of yours, companies who keep a constant vigil on updates thru a games lifespan - and communicate with the playerbase, on a regular and frequent basis, tend to have happier customers/players.

IMO, when a games news/update page doesnt have an update for several months, the players are rightly justified in wondering whats going on.

Pingeh and Boshed like this.
  3. Gasboy

Gasboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes and no. I think the main issue is not the lack of communication, but the way companies shotgun information across their webpages, forums, twitter, tumblr, instagram, facebook, snapchat, and whatever other social media is relevant for the next fifteen seconds. And to make matters worse, sometimes it's the company's social media, or the original developer's social media, or the janitor's brother's cousin's dog's social media.

Also, people need to calm the eff down. Sometimes no news is good news.

4. ratkintheoverestimated

ratkintheoverestimated Phantasmal Quasar

I need to interject here as well. The game is no longer an early access title. It's a full release. It's gotten several post launch content updates as well. It is perfectly understandable if the team wants to move onto other ventures. Now, the game might not be what a lot of people were expecting or maybe they want more content but if and this is a big if, the starbound team does decide to move on to greener pastures, people should try to make their peace.

Also, get modding you guys. This game is very modder friendly as the mod section can attest.

Edit - There was a Blog update on Feb the 2nd. So yeah, they are still communicating.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  5. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They said they wanted it to be a February update, so I think unless they release it tomorrow that ship has sailed.

I hope the reason they're not releasing it as quickly as they hoped was so they could add all the cool stuff we mentioned in the other 1.4 thread.

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Mitroll, Ickura and Pingeh like this.
  7. Fenneci

Fenneci Void-Bound Voyager

RIP Starbound

Ickura and Greenfinger like this.
  8. Zakary

Zakary Void-Bound Voyager

I hope they work on Starbound again after their new game.

9. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Which one ? Do you mean Wargroove. This one will probably be released mid-2019. I think they might start to work on it again after the xbox version release, I assume they don't want the pc version to be ahead of the xbox one edition. They might also try to port it to switch later.

10. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Almost all of us are posting a complain about Starbound, did they even listening to our complain? Is this thread even worth it? I mean, c'mon, they even didn't responding to all our post here.

11. FoxDE2

Honestly I hope they don't give up on Starbound because 1.0 felt rushed just to have some kind of workable content they could call finished. They even took content out which a lot of us enjoyed. I don't think the game is finished in its current state and I'd feel very let down if they stopped updating it. A lot of us keep giving good ideas for them to work on, and I just personally feel that if they quit at releasing content for Starbound in what I consider an unfinished state, then it would be letting go of their ability to prove themselves as a game company.

Ickura and Eralia like this.
  12. Daikon Ocelot

I am kinda agree with you. The reason I join this community is because I want to support Starbound, so they would release more and more update, and not seeing Starbound stop and give up.

Ickura and 777JackOfBlades like this.
  13. lars911

lars911 Void-Bound Voyager

The problem with SB is that they focused so much on the sandbox aspect of it and forgot to add what makes us care about being involved in this sandbox experience, it's like a big, amazing and exotic cube box with dull cubes inside, there's also something seriously wrong about the character progression, all weapons feel the same and boring, energy weapons like staves are very limited, there's little to no reason to stick to a single planet and create a colony when we're traveling everywhere anyways, if they' give us a spaceship allow us to have a rich, interactive and important crew members, allow us far more editing freedom for our ships, in addition to the ability to buy new ships including gigantic ones.

I love this game and I hope they improve it...

Hazmat and Ickura like this.
  14. Jfer

Jfer Void-Bound Voyager

Hopefully they are working on a Switch version, with multiplayer and a physical release. a man can dream........

15. Daikon Ocelot

I believe they are still working on the XBox right now. So, be patient, friend, be patient.

Starwire likes this.
  16. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think its time we start to realise that Starbound will never reach its full potential as we envision it.
    Just look at the suggestions forum. Its packed full of ideas from years of player input but how much of it has been implemented?

Maybe its time they pass the torch as they have said they would one day....

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  17. FoxDE2

Instead of passing the torch, I think they should just make one massive patch update like Terraria did and take as many of our ideas as possible and just add them into one massive patch. I think that's the shot in the arm this game needs and it's about the only thing that'll really take it off the ground. The devs don't seem interested in putting the work into Starbound it would take to make a great game, just enough effort to make a game. They even took a lot of their major content *out* of the game...I really can't explain it personally, I've never seen a game release less content in its full version than it had in its beta version, especially good content.

Ickura and 777JackOfBlades like this.
  18. Daikon Ocelot

I agree with you. I think really hard for that idea, but no one respond to it, the devs doesn't respond to it. It is very dissapointing.
    Yes, I think they should do that. It is kinda rare to get so many support from your fans.

I think the devs should do something about it, before they lost all the hope of their fans.

Ickura likes this.
  19. Mitroll

Mitroll Pangalactic Porcupine

If they make a Starabound 2 I'm definitely going to wait until after server side characters and security are actually implemented, not just promised, to buy it.

Boshed and 777JackOfBlades like this.
  20. Daikon Ocelot

I don't think so we need SB 2. The first SB will do just fine. The devs has already way too busy with the first one, also there are many games the devs needs to look after. The devs is a small team, SB 2 will only make them frustrated, with more coding and game design needs to be done.

Hazmat and Ickura like this.