1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Starbound team doing?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kezeal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not dead. The dev team has been really quiet lately but there's already been several large content updates since the game was released.

Would be nice to hear from the devs about the progress towards 1.4, though.

SickSix likes this.
  2. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Indeed.

I also hope that they'll manage to integrate the bounty hunter system into the space system from 1.3. Wouldn't it be great if your prey could hide not only on planets but also in space encounters? Maybe even fight you with a mech of their own.

3. Ripperjk

Ripperjk Phantasmal Quasar

3 months later...the blog is growing cobwebs... I really wonder what happened to the passion Tiy and CF seemed to have during development - because that just seems to have left the building.

soul_eater, Boshed and Eralia like this.
  4. Starfan87

Starfan87 Void-Bound Voyager

Imagine when the team will release another huge update. Exactly how long did it take for starboumd team to make 1.0? A VERY LONG TIME. So instead of this thread being about complaining when star team will release their update we should talk about stuff that doesnt involve star team being imsulted of being very slow and unproductive.​

777JackOfBlades likes this.
  5. Masiakasaurus

It's going on 4 months since we've had a blog post, questioning the state of the next update is perfectly valid.

soul_eater, ManaUser, Pingeh and 3 others like this.
  6. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

at least we got blog posts for the development of 1.0, hell we even got the release date for it and that kept us hyped, this is just frustrating

soul_eater and Starfan87 like this.
  7. Starfan87

The root of this discuttion is of the game that some of us are all passionate about. We are complaining of something that brought us joy and turned it into hate. Lets talk about koala or something.

8. Masiakasaurus

I'm not sure pretending this isn't an issue will make things better.

soul_eater, Hazmat, ManaUser and 2 others like this.
  9. buddyit89

buddyit89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The devs could easily stop this issue by taking 5 minutes to write a simple blogpost, something like "Hey guys we're getting close to 1.4, keep an eye out!" could do so much positive but they simply didn't bother. I think this update will turn out fine, but the communication between the devs and player base is clearly gone.

10. Zakary

Zakary Void-Bound Voyager

I'd just be happy if they made an announcement that said, "We are still alive and working on 1.4".

soul_eater, ManaUser, Axl4325 and 3 others like this.
  11. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There was a lot of changes at Chucklefish recently, Molly left and Rodrigo Monteiro is now technical director and they are still trying to hire peoples. Something tell me they are not in a very good situation right now, we can only hope that they'll find peoples to recruit

ManaUser likes this.
  12. Starfan87

MOLLYGOS LEFT?!?!

13. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Where did you get this information?

14. 777JackOfBlades

Boshed likes this.
  15. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Oh...wow, yeah I suppose thats why chucklefish isnt nearly as active in a while rip ):

Best of luck to them, I hope they find amazing programmers, and possibly a new community manager

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  16. 777JackOfBlades

Yup hope it'll get better too
    Also I remember Molly saying they would gave us news about 1.4 somewhere in January.
    But I guess the development is suspended for now

17. Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

I dunno, that post by Molly doesn't sound like Chucklefish are in a negative place. It sounds more like (as it is worded) she just wanted to move on and do something new. The company hiring doesn't necessarily mean anything bad either. Really the only thing that hints at even a speck of negative situation is the silence on Starbound's development. But I'll wait and see before I cry doom for the company.

18. 777JackOfBlades

I don't say they're doomed, there always ups and downs and they are now on the down periods.

19. Mitroll

Mitroll Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly all I want are serverside characters and other hosting tools. Content is fine too, but I can get that from mods.

20. Gasboy

Gasboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Heh, devs can never catch a break. Go silent, and people complain. Talk about what you're doing, and people complain that the devs aren't working on what they want. Hint at new shinies coming soon, and people complain every patch day that it's not the content they wanted. Set a release day, and people riot when you miss it by 0.000001 seconds.