1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What in your opinion is the best planet to build on/in?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Shadencile, Sep 15, 2015.

1. MadamHeichou

MadamHeichou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

terraformers are good to use, if ur willing to do the work it takes to get them or just /admin

2. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Ocean planets in my opinion because of its large variety of unique places to build in.
    Sky
    Land (islands or artificial ones)
    Ocean (beaches or on water)
    Underwater
    And Underground
    Other planets usually just have sky, land, and underground.

3. MadamHeichou

MadamHeichou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

4. Exilyth

Exilyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ocean and lush are the most calm and beautifull biomes imho.

Other than that, I always make sure the planet doesn't have meteorites as a possible weather condition.

Oh, and "Elysium - better barren worlds" is a nice mod which adds improved barren planets, so called elysium worlds.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think the best planet to build on it is in the lush, forest, savannah, or desert planet. There are a lot of resources in those planet. Also, the monsters difficulty in those planet is not to high. It has a beautiful scenery too. Practically, it is a perfect place to build a colony in it. Because the NPCs are much more safer in that planet.

For a planet to build a base (a place where you store your resources and put your crafting utility or as a hideout or maybe a private home), I think the best planet is the arctic, tundra, barren, midnight, and ocean. It has a lonely and quiet theme in it. It is the best planet to build a base with an underground or underwater room. Also, it has a perfect and beautiful scenery for an outpost-themed base.

While for the volcanic, mutated, toxic, magma, and decayed planet, I do not recommended you to build your base or whatever you build in these planet. It is very chaos there. The monster are terribly hard there. The climate and weather is not in your side (it will utterly destroy your build). It is perfect for battle ground or combat training.

That is all my opinion. Hope it help.