1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed What happens if you pre-order during the beta?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jakzor12, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakzor12

Jakzor12 Void-Bound Voyager

My friend wants Starbound, but he cannot exactly afford it right now D: he is not entirely sure when he will have the money, and he could have it during the beta. But will he have access to the beta if he pre-orders whilst the beta is live?

2. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

I believe it has been said If you order Starbound during Beta, You will be given Beta access and hop straight in.
    I tried to have a quick search on the forums but I have a terrible memory when it comes to locating where it was said :p

Zoolot and Jonesy like this.
  3. Jakzor12

Jakzor12 Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! I tried to search for it too and nothing came up :/

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I recall that that is how it works, so you're probably right.

Zoolot likes this.
  5. Jonesy likes this.
  6. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

7. redinator2000

redinator2000 Void-Bound Voyager

you probably wont be able to play beta, and you will have to wait like 3 years for official release

but what do i know???

8. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

You'll get a humblebundle steam key and you'll type it into redeem a game on steam, its basically the same as preordering right now except the codes work instantly.

9. brandonlk

brandonlk Pangalactic Porcupine

I do belive if you preorder something that is already out your head tends to explode due to the paradox of it but order before it comes out just to avoid having to clear up the mess your head exploding made ( lol )

Thekey147 likes this.
  10. Frostmare

Frostmare Master Chief

It works from the second (maybe not) it works, and it shouldn't be an issue really, but again, I could be wrong, as I am not working on the game, I am just patiently waiting for B-DAY. I guess you'll see, and whenever it's wise to take the risk or not, whatever you do, best of luck *Crosses fingers* :)

Jakzor12 likes this.
  11. catman1776

catman1776 Title Not Found

Imma refer to Beta Release as B-Day from now on and far in the future I will have dramatic flashbacks like War Veterans.

On Topic: You break the system.

Serious on topic: Much like others said, it would probably allow you to hop in straight away similar to Minecraft Alpha/Beta purchases. That was TECHNICALLY Pre-Order but *shrugs*

Jakzor12 likes this.
  12. HawkyGaming

HawkyGaming Void-Bound Voyager

That's nice. I thought it was that if you pre-order when beta is launched, that you'll have to wait till the game release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.