1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to the Perfect Set?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jrminot, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Jrminot

Jrminot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did they mess with its stats?

I thought it used to be the best endgame armor but now it appears to be the worst. That and it takes forever to make, why even have it?

2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

It has the same stats as the Aegisalt set, so not the worst armor but not the best either.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Its there for aesthetics mostly. Having it as the "best" armor basically undermines the idea of having different "class" types of armor for different playstyles.

4. Jrminot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As shown above. It went from being the best, to the worst. Despite its looks, it seems a bit tough and late to make for simply being an aesthetic armor set.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I think it's intended to be something of a middle-ground between the other armor sets. A jack of all trades, master of none. But I don't think the stats are quite right for that.

Your image is broken. And image-only posts are prohibited under forum rules anyway.

Edit: And please don't double-post, either. Use the edit button to expand posts instead of stacking them together.

6. Jrminot

Ah, my bad.

As for the Jack of all trades, It really isn't. If it had slight increases for all the stats that still fell below the role specific special stats, then it would be jack-of-all-trades. As it stands, All the role specific armors match or exceed it in every category.

That and it is more difficult (IMO) to craft than the role specific armors and cannot be crafted until later in the storyline progression.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

My thoughts exactly. And looking on the Steam Workshop just now, I've not only found a mod that restores the original stats, but also one that rebalances it to be a sidegrade to racial armor. Guess I'll be loading that one up, since I've been wearing Perfect Armor for a while now. Hadn't even noticed the downgrade much, since I've been working on a building project on a tier 1 planet for most of my time playing 1.3.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947718575

8. Jrminot

Nice!

I'm not really heavily complaining, was just rather surprised when I just now saved up enough to craft the breastplate and noticed the large energy difference between my current armor piece.

I'm not sure it's a big enough issue for me to use a mod to fix it, I am just surprised at the degree in which it was exchanged. If it was indeed jack-of-all-trades, I would probably still use it as my primary armor set.

9. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I downloaded it long ago and it do the job , the armor was really overnerfed in my opinion, plus when you think about it it's easier to get the racial armor than the perfect set since it takes a lot of time to farm the flufaloo , lot of money , and you have to know that , when I first started the game I didn't even knew there was a perfect set.
    I understand this nerf, but it was way to much nerfed in my opinion