1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to StarBound coming to xbox..?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ozzythegoat, Jan 8, 2022.

1. ozzythegoat

ozzythegoat Void-Bound Voyager

2015-2017-ish it was announced they were working on bringing it to xbox and other consoles

2019 they announced it came to game pass for PC and that the Xbox version sone close to done

Its 2022 now and we havent heard any more on it, was it scrapped or just delayed?

Because i wanted to play it on xbox for a long time now, and i had it on PC for awhile up until my PC quit a few years ago, and the close to done being 3-ish years ago kinda worries me if it was scrapped

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

As far as I know, it's just having an indefinite delay. Another game company CF hired is currently having a hard time porting it (well, from the looks of it).

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Starbound is being optimised for Xbox. What happened was that when 4 players would play together there would be unplayable lag. Obviously they don't want this so it's being worked on. Blitworks, the crew doing the port, have a lot of work to do to accomplish this because they're essentially having to remake the entire game from the ground up. Having multiplayer on PC is one thing because each PC will control each single character/player. But a single console needs to be able to control up to 4 characters/players at once without lag. It'll be ready when it's ready.

4. Genevra

Genevra Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is the most likely answer - I wouldn't hold my breath for it to ever be done