1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to "Solatrus - Selections from Starbound"?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Seally25, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Seally25

Seally25 Yeah, You!

HI everyone.

Sorry, first time here, but I think this is the right place. Anyway, I'll go on to admit that I came to know and get interested in Starbound mainly because of its excellent soundtrack, so when I found that the music was available in FLAC on Bandcamp I was overjoyed.

Because there were two composers, there were two separate albums. I didn't hesitate to buy both of them. For reference, the links are:
    As you'll notice, the link to Solatrus's album isn't working anymore, and the album is gone from my Bandcamp collection, so I'm curious to know what had happened, since the other album still remains. Is this related to the fact that the game was released as mentioned here (https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1yfi64/soundtrack_gone_from_spotify)?

I still have the files on my computer, but if I lose those and the Dropbox backup the album's basically gone for good (at least for the FLAC versions).

P.S. Just so you know, there seems to be 57 tracks in Curtis Schweitzer's Bandcamp collection, not 54 like the album page suggests, with "Jupiter (Remix)", "Jupiter (Original Version)", and "The Eternal Tide (Original Hylotl Theme)" being the unlisted additions. It was a rather nice surprise when I downloaded the thing. Not sure if the Steam DLC gives the extra ones, but the one that came with the Pixel Tier purchase didn't if my memory serves correctly.

2. SpyroManiac_1

SpyroManiac_1 Void-Bound Voyager

As far as I know they had to make some changes to the soundtracks since Starbound was going full release. I would really, REALLY appreciate links to Solatrus' FLACs, though. I have every intention of buying it, but like you said its just not available anymore. :(

3. Seally25

Seally25 Yeah, You!

It's little bit weird that the other album is still available though. Maybe he just forgot about it.

4. SpyroManiac_1

SpyroManiac_1 Void-Bound Voyager

Doesn't seem likely. Looks like it was just removed. The only information I could find on that album is a few sites listing information about it and providing the same dead link to it. But could you please PM me a link to the Solatrus' FLACs? The soundtrack won't be really complete without them.