1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What Exactly Is The USCM?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by VoltageHero, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

All I can provide is exerpts from codexes, the same as anyone else.

On that note, I find nothing suggesting the miniknog are not apex, but nothing stating that they are.

2. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Ugly Sister Commerce Matrix.

It's an interstellar pimping organization.

Falke77 likes this.
  3. iPrincey

iPrincey Space Penguin Leader

Planets where there's a USCM are basically prison planets, people prob sent the most dangerous prisoners to another planet bc they weren't allowed on earth.

4. SilvisMoon

SilvisMoon Big Damn Hero

You could by our codex consulter?

5. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

I would gladly help anyway I could, the lore is something I'm vary curious in.

6. WyldeFyres

WyldeFyres Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Read 1984, the Miniknog are basically an Apex version of MiniTru from that book. They aren't commoners, but they control all the information that (isn't) leaked to the masses, basically, they're there to keep them in the dark. The Ministry of Knowledge is as much about Knowledge as the Ministry of Truth is about telling the truth (ie, the exact opposite).

7. jampine

jampine Poptop Tamer

UNITED! SYSTEMS! COLONIAL MARINES! WE'RE TOUGH, AND BIG! AND OUR GUNS ARE MEAN! yeah... never singing that again.
    (BTW, that is the in game human quote about them) From the looks of them, its the human exploration team/ para military force that's been exploring the planets. ( they have a transmission log saying hey only revive orders from earth, so they're all human/ robots. ) They have several bunkers on some planets, and a few off world prisons, like in Judge Dredd (you should go check that out if you haven't, like RIGHT NOW!) I'm guessing they're like a unification of all of earths military forces, perhaps controlled by an evil corporation? Yeah, I'm looking at you Wayland utari

SneakyBox likes this.
  8. Kopikatsu

Kopikatsu Intergalactic Tourist

Everyone keeps mentioning finding destroyed USCM prisons, but...

I've found about five so far, and none of them were destroyed. The Marines were still present, the base was still being maintained by robots, and everything was perfectly functional.

9. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

That's the different between the USCM prison colony and the USCM miliatary base.

10. SilvisMoon

SilvisMoon Big Damn Hero

you are co founder... im the only member D:

11. Kopikatsu

Kopikatsu Intergalactic Tourist

Maybe. What does a prison colony look like?

The bases I've found have had prison areas like the other prisons, but they're always empty.

12. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahhh, United Systems. I think there were some inconsistencies about that within the Aliens canon, but I like that version better. Less Americentric, I suppose.

13. VoltageHero

VoltageHero Void-Bound Voyager

The prisons are marked by the penal colony stone signs shown on both sides of the prisions.

14. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

You examine the USCM sign with a Hylotl and they mention something about the human military. :rofl: So I think it's a human thing.

15. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

It is confirmed that the USCM is purely a human organization. Any Apex adventurer who enters a facility will express shock upon seeing the "There's No Reason to be Upset" sign, and will state that the USCM is the Human Military. They also say that the USCM Penal Colonies are bold shows of authority coming from the human military.

16. Scout37

Scout37 Tentacle Wrangler

The USCM does NOT mean United States Colonial Means, after using the investigation tool on a large USCM logo my human character stated "Wht does USCM mean again? Oh. United System Colonial Marines."

Also, there is some relationship between the Apex and the USCM penal colonies, because i found a poster designed to calm prisoners that had an ape on it , which my character investigated and stated that it was the Big Ape.

17. Scout37

Scout37 Tentacle Wrangler

Actually, other than the penal colonies, are there any standard, inhabited human colonies in the game? and if so can someone point me to one in the alpha sector?

18. Dyslexic Kitten

Dyslexic Kitten Void-Bound Voyager

Probably the mainstream army that the humans had, but I suspect they left all the prisoner planets to fight whatever destroyed earth.

19. TheEveryman

TheEveryman Big Damn Hero

Unics Striving for Collective Misogyny?

All I ever find in those Penal Colonies are women...

20. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

That was already mentioned wasn't it? Yes it's not United States, that would be silly xP. And there is zero relationship between the Apex and the USCM, I am pretty sure of this from the lore. The posters there do not yet have a reason for being there.
    There are military bases, that is it.
    Actually, the USCM were ordered to stay put and not come back to aid earth. Their last known order was literally "Stay put and wait further orders"... Many years ago.