1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What does YOUR ship look like?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Fain, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Gorgasm

Gorgasm Orbital Explorer

So far the file that he has for download only makes it about four or five times larger than the original ship file (depending on how much you fill it). So instead of the near instant beaming to my ship, friends says it might take up to a whopping second or two (pretty much not noticeable for the most part). The only thing I will say on the downside of the entire mod is that one of my friends told me he gets a tiny bit nauseated when we take off and land because of the tilting. It's apparently worse on the larger sized castle than a small spaceship. In case anyone was wondering and didn't read his thread, but this is completely compatible with any server, as it only modifies your shipworld file, no other alterations are needed.

As for the suggestion he made of not going to large, that is if you are editing the actual building area ship size. As of right now, even though you cannot see it, there are invisible walls that touch the bottom of the meteor, up the sides where the dirt hits, and exactly one character tall from the wood platform on the middle spire. You cannot build outside of that area. I recommend grabbing some dirt and making a wall around the entire thing before building, so you can see exactly how much room you can work with. Also, the dead middle of the map is where you teleport in, in my case right above the loom and furnace. If you put any blocks there, you'll have to dig yourself out when you teleport back to your ship.

I cannot wait to see what others create! Good hunting, and building to you all.

2. dominichello

dominichello Tentacle Wrangler

Mine already to go for the Character wipe :) ...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. PicklePackle

PicklePackle Phantasmal Quasar

Mine kinda sucks...

[​IMG]

Afeline and Dead Squirrel like this.
  4. Zsword

Zsword Pangalactic Porcupine

I haven't found anything worth designing my ship out of. :( No settlements, no nothing...

5. Shinma

Shinma Aquatic Astronaut

Here is mine. I stopped working on it since the wipe is incoming:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  6. Zazie

Zazie Intergalactic Tourist

The ship that was wiped.jpg
    I'm gonna miss my ocarina n other instruments. T-T

7. Jaso0074

Jaso0074 Space Spelunker

Thought I would post mine up. I try to use it as my home so all my things are one it at the moment. The only thing I really want to change is the bed. But as time goes on I will probably add to this.

2013-12-08_00013.jpg

8. SloppyMayor

SloppyMayor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. Master Catfish

Master Catfish Void-Bound Voyager

How did you get that shape of ship? Is it a mod, or did you upgrade somehow? It's really cool!

10. samozwaniec

samozwaniec Master Chief

[​IMG]
    Home, sweet home,
    I'm in a middle of wall renovation.
    Also just spawned this cute chick which loves to sit at my pilot chair and listen to my "canon in c" performance.

;)

11. MsSprite

MsSprite Subatomic Cosmonaut

all of yours are organized well not mine :p
    [​IMG]

12. MinimalHermit

MinimalHermit Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

I love my ship so far (check out that sweet loveseat). I'll replicate it after the wipe :mwahaha:

Afeline likes this.
  13. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Plain and simple. Probably need less lockers since next time I'm just going to assimilate everything I find in to the printer.

14. Sir_Fancy_Pants

Sir_Fancy_Pants Master Chief

Glitch Ship.png

It's nice to just kick back in front of the fire after a day of exploring the cosmos.

15. piinyouri

piinyouri Aquatic Astronaut

Ye olde vessel.
    [​IMG]

Firestar likes this.
  16. Canaris

Canaris Void-Bound Voyager

A bit of an update. My first 'custom' ship. I lengthened it, removed the lights (for maximum customization), and added a co-pilot's seat, a hatch, and a view port.

[​IMG]

I'll work on more customization later. Fortunately it's so easy anyone can do it. I also added bits to the background behind the walls to keep the Chucklefish 'feel'.

17. Buckermann

Buckermann Void-Bound Voyager

A bit cramped, but I got to store all the stuff somewhere.
    [​IMG]

18. Aecid

Aecid Void-Bound Voyager

19. MsSprite

MsSprite Subatomic Cosmonaut

ellloo i decided to try and change up a few things so what do you think [​IMG]
    still dont know what i want for the back wall i mite just keep that and i mite be changing out thos boxes :p

20. Vocal

Vocal Pangalactic Porcupine

Ssero's sstar-boat run on sstrange magic. Ssometime it works, ssometime it stop work. Ssero ssacrifice black rock to sstar-boat. Ssero like sstab, but sstab rockss not fun.
    Ssero sstab monkey man when Ssero find.
    Sship.png

SirKaldar and Firestar like this.