1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What does YOUR ship look like?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Fain, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Nitris

Nitris Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can craft the wooden kitchen thing (with the plates and towel on it in my pic) at any crafting table.
    Gold chest is from a Glitch castle that I raided. Usually found in one of the highest point of the castle, in the wall.
    Metal fridge and cooker is from a Human bunker. Sometimes there are arcade machines as well :D

2. Icarius Fallen

Icarius Fallen Void-Bound Voyager

That was me. I had an NPC spawned, and a doctor spawned, in my ship. They both died. Because I tested a new weapon on them.

Ah, I've raided everything except a florian village, so that explains why I haven't managed to find those yet. I think I have pretty much every item, save the florian and prison ones, in my 3d printer now. I even found an object called "A perfectly generic item", which is basically what happens when an item isn't coded right and bugs out. No idea what the item was, but yeah.

3. 0siris

0siris Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love the Floran race - but their ships are soo ugly in my opinion, lol.
    Anyways, I've lost some progress on my ship, but heres what she looks like now :p
    I don't have a home planet, so it's a storage container ha.

Edit: Also, the guy above - the gold chest is a royal chest - found in the glitch castles.

[​IMG]

4. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. Crystal9156

Crystal9156 Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    I need more money for more duckies...

6. Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)

Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito) Phantasmal Quasar

Mine is crammed with chests everywhere :rofl: with a tiny bed beside the storage

7. atmafox

atmafox Intergalactic Tourist

I don't have anything interesting to post... but I'm surprised no one has tried to produce even a vaguely TARDIS-ish look. >.>

Good luck!
    -Atma

8. WingPecker

WingPecker Tentacle Wrangler

Just a simple ship. Has everything I need on it. Nothing more, nothing less. My home among the stars.
    [​IMG]

Destructor likes this.
  9. Madzookeeper

Madzookeeper Void-Bound Voyager

nothing interesting to post either... but these ships do seriously make me want to start a documented adventure in the wilds of star bound with my next character. i might start an rp thread or something just for funnies.

10. Turtwig321

Turtwig321 Cosmic Narwhal

2013-12-07_00003.jpg

Afeline likes this.
  11. Master Catfish

Master Catfish Void-Bound Voyager

This is Jack. He's just woken up in the night, and he has to use the toilet. The beginning of the game mentions that you've been 'drifting' in space for some time, without fuel. Well, it doesn't specify how long. Jack was floating for a very, very long time. I paid special attention to the pipes, and they explain how he's survived so long in space.

Jack's only companion on the voyage was Harold, the brain in the jar.

Jack's spaceship.png

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  12. theCrius

theCrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I will try but the problem is... it's bigger inside!
    And btw, honestly the ship is far too different from the structure of the inside of the tardis (main central navigatio room, several other rooms around).

It would be awesome if we can fine some sort of "space dock" somewhere later in the game that will allow a completely rebuild of the ships layout. And i'm speaking even of the hull.

13. MsMurder

MsMurder Space Hobo

after seeing everyone's awesome work was kind of wary of even putting this up you guys are amazing :) but this is what I've got it started as my personal challenge to cram as much as possible in the teleporter room and then have a farm with as little space used up as possible and then I kind of lost momentum and i love the way the robot boss spawner looks so much that it is now part of my lounge area :p
    [​IMG]

14. Gorgasm

Gorgasm Orbital Explorer

Don't know if this really counts as it's not a quite a ship. But it can still warp so I guess it's okay? Sorry for the bad patch job.

[​IMG]

Some people ask me, "Just exactly how do you fly that thing?" and I just smile, nod, and reply, "Magic!". Truth be told though, I have no clue how it really works.

Thanks to Rik from the modding section of the forums for making this mod for sandbox ship building. Link is here. http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/build-your-own-ship-sandbox-ship.41890/

15. Delusions

Delusions Orbital Explorer

You sir are my hero, and rik.

16. Firestar

Firestar Void-Bound Voyager

17. Delusions

Someone in Riks thread mentioned how the ships design should carry over from this major patch were getting - hopefully.
    All we would need to do is Backup the ship data save then replace it afterwords. I wouldnt risk it for much more than the ship and basic blocks.
    This with chests with old weapons, or if they happened to change some block IDs would/could cause major issues.
    However Since even cobblestone from different worlds seem to stack independently basic blocks I doubt will be effected at all. So I plan to make a fancy Ship that I can decorate after.

On that note Gorgasm, Rik mentioned how the size of the ship increased its data size immensely and he suggested not going too large (more so for multiplayer), have you noticed any problems with lag or the like since?

18. Firestar

Firestar Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, well now. Thank you for that bit of important info.... seems I'm not going to be getting any planned homework done today. :rofl:
    Time to make a few timers. Specifically one that will prevent me from staying up until 4 am starbounding.

19. Starmi

Starmi Pangalactic Porcupine

I would share... if mine existed. I need to wait for the patch so my XP laptop will play

20. Delusions

All I can say is luckily Tiy said in the news that it should be fixed, so hopefully you can play soon.