Modding Help What does that even mean?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BlueLeafeon, Nov 27, 2016.

1. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

I have been told that my Playable Cat mod fails to produce a pet. I removed Purchasable Pets to see if it was true, and that does, in fact, seem to be the case. It gives me this weird message, and I have no idea what it's talking about.

Code:
    [18:57:05.224] [Warn] Could not spawn Monster of type 'rolliepollie', exception caught: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("appliesWeatherStatusEffects")
    [18:57:05.238] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/spawner/techstation.lua"]:80: (LuaConversionException) Error converting LuaValue to type 'int'
    The second one could possibly be because I copied the techstation.lua into my mod's folder to see if that'd fix the problem. No idea what the weather thing is talking about, though.

Attaching a log file for those who'd rather see the whole thing.

Attached Files:

2. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

The first line says that the status effect called "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" doesn't exists and that the pet called "rolliepollie" is trying to use that status effect. Check if that is from your mod, maybe you did a misspelling of that status effect or that status effect doesn't exist in the /stat/ folder.

The second line says that is crashing in the line 80 of the file techstation.lua, i don't know what can be since i don't know what is in that file.

3. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

In a nutshell: Try to re-check your mod for grammar errors cus u'a know... computers are a grammar nazi's ;)

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Lets see I think I downloaded that to get the race info for a patch, so I might as well look.

1. Not related to your error, but you have _metadata and .modinfo and these perform the same function but the .modinfo is depreciated as the workshop only uses _metadata files(thus why the uploader generated it. Having both means Starbound attempts to load your assets twice. So delete your .modinfo file.
    2. The LUA error sourced upon the fact that the entity is broken, and Chucklefish didn't write this code to consider the possibility. That isn't upon you to fix.
    3. What is upon you to fix is the broken entity. Since SB 1.1 your monsters(yes even pets) need this in /statusSettings/statusProperties/
    Code:
    "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" : true,
    I would put it right around line 150 aka
    Code:
          "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" : true,
          "appliesEnvironmentStatusEffects" : false,
          "minimumLiquidStatusEffectPercentage" : 0.1,

I don't know why their code doesn't deal with this attribute not being present... just define a default! I've seen this break so many mods... even now this far after the fact.

5. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

1: Those two files were there when I took over the mod, and I just left them there. I'll do as you say, however, and remove the .modinfo.

Okay...so the actual problem was that I did NOT have that one line. Not that I HAD it. Thanks!