1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you plan to do?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sarbinger, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarbinger

Sarbinger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, basically, what do you plan to do after Starbound comes out?
    Will it be in multiplayer? Will it be a semi-public multiplayer server, will it be a private collection of your closest friends and buddies with common interests? Singleplayer?

Do you plan to roleplay-ish, make videos, let's play?
    Do you plan to record massive wars that will be hilariously epic?

Basically, explain in some detail what you want to do, either in multiplayer, singleplayer, or both. :D

Feel free to fantasize.

2. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

I plan to do a Let's Play kind of deal, mixed with my own personal musings on how the procedural generation works, and by collecting data and such.

Also, I'll probably find a server with close friends and play that, or play privately with one of my friends.

3. Apple

Apple Void-Bound Voyager

I'll play by myself first then when me and my friends get the hang of the game we'll restart and play together.

4. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I will simply try the play the game as it is first. Then, i will try to discover as many things as i can so i can possibly help other people with their playthroughs. And i mean things like tricks that you can do with some game mechanics, understanding game mechanics, or even guides how to do certain things more effectively. Unfortunately, i tend to discover things a good amount of time after someone else discovered them, but i will try my best to do what i said since it would feel good to help someone with their playthroughs.

5. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

i'll probably just look for rare resources, and post about them on the wiki or the forums.

6. YoshiXeros

YoshiXeros Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Instead of looking at the wiki to know 10%+ of the stuff, I'll play the game very blindly knowing only the pictures and videos posted before game release..

7. Sir Logan

Sir Logan Phantasmal Quasar

After playing the game for five minutes, I'm going to pause, lean back in my chair, and cry.
    ... then go blow up a rabbit.

8. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1st - Explore my new ship.
    2nd - Get an assault rifle and a sniper rifle.
    3rd - Build a house in the first planet.
    4rth - Study the creatures of the planet so I know what I'm fighting with.
    5th - Find NPC's , cool gear , rebuild my ship etc etc

I'll enjoy all planets as much as I can , so I'l probably pass some weeks only in 1 planet.

9. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Play the game with my buddies in privat mp and explore the universe of Starbound. :)

10. Well I'm pretty sure the cursor knows I have a 20 hour date with it.

Epicsoulman likes this.
  11. LeBleuMeldy

LeBleuMeldy Pangalactic Porcupine

Why not play the game blindly? (Well only look at stuff on the Starbound Website.)

12. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

I will analyse some of the data with my hex editor.

13. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I am calmly going to log into a multiplayer server...

I will then dig a small hole in a life-supporting planet, which my character cannot get jump out of.
    I will then crouch in that hole, wearing a tinfoil hat, and Caps-Locking at any non-human to approach.

but seriously, I'm going to find a tinfoil hat somewhere in the game. and I will wear it.

14. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I'm gonna play alone at first, most likely.
    Just go with the flow, build a base on a cool planet, finish the main quest etc.

Then maybe multi or who knows what?
    Maybe I'll just search for tougher planets or mess around on my home planet.

15. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I plan to complete singleplayer and then playing the multiplayer.

16. TomServo

TomServo Subatomic Cosmonaut

That sounds like a good plan right there. I'm going to try my best not to go digging up all the information I possibly can the day of/after release. I've spoiled too many games in the past doing that!

17. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to get it as soon as possible, and join a multiplayer server where everyone else is a noob. And we progress...

TOGETHER!

18. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Live on a planet, made of LAVA!

19. When the game is released on day one, I shall (if I can remember:blank:) do a blind Let's Play when I launch the game for the first time. It would be good for me to show my reactions when I play the game for the first time instead of faking them when I have already played it. (Forum Hiatus to avoid spoilers?:p)

After a month or so, I would possibly gather a group to do a multiplayer Let's Play!

20. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll play single-player for a while, and when I know my share of the game, I might go on a server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.