1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you expect from Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Skippo, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starbi

Starbi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I expect good performance, I don't want lags in the game... Terraria was running fine, but looking at the lighting system makes me think... :(
    ANYWAYS, I'll have lots of fun because of the randomly generated weapons, I mean 2000000 variations for the Rocket Launcher? Insane. :D

Skippo likes this.
  2. Thiel

Thiel Zeromus

I expect it to be better then minecraft.:)

Epicface likes this.
  3. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

I want what is in the suggestion in my sig. :D

4. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm expecting a game that will be a lot of fun to play with mah bro (from another mother).

Skippo likes this.
  5. Alec

Alec Big Damn Hero

I'm expecting fun, action, awesome soundtracks for day, night, caves, boss fights and penguin rides. Also awesome ships, BAZILLIONS OF WEAPONS, and of course flying penguins that poop confetti that explodes upon impact! FEAR THE POOP!

6. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I expect everything.

7. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

A fun game, no more no less. On the release it will probably be a bit buggy/etc and lacking some features, but I'm sure it improve with time.

8. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

I expect it to be Minecraft times Terraria + Spore and divided by Skyrim. Which will lead to the number 1337 :p

Skippo likes this.
  9. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

It will be a game that..
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    Shoots for the stars.

psychotwo, Accipiter and Pinkie Pie like this.
  10. SweetAssBacon

SweetAssBacon Tentacle Wrangler

I'm expecting that this game will be AWESOME :D
    also i have high expectations about the combat! it sounds so good! the fact that you do not get hurt from touching your foes, but being hit by their attack animation!
    evertthing about the combat is awesome
    and the weapons, tools,armor,vanity items(clothing ect.) and gadgets.
    after this game comes out i'll have no life :p

11. Hakjabtholah

Hakjabtholah Void-Bound Voyager

My expectations for this game are pretty high after looking into it. It might be a challenge for me to not compare it with Teraria at first, but I believe that Starbound will offer an entirely different game and should be looked at as such.

12. SGTDiphthong

SGTDiphthong Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really hoping for something that will last longer than most of the games I play. Terraria was fun for a little while, but I eventually completed everything. Got bored. Hopefully this game provides a lot of stuff to do.

13. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

I expect nothing less than Perfection.

I keed, nothing is perfect. I do however expect this game to destroy whatever remains of my so called Social Life. (Social Life off of the web, naturally.)

Skippo and Madmarlon like this.
  14. MythicalBrit

MythicalBrit Void-Bound Voyager

a fun multiplayer game that me and my friends can mess around on for endless hours
    (pretty much a far more in-depth space terraria)

15. Vargus

Vargus Big Damn Hero

First and foremost, I expect to have fun. Then... I am expecting, as you put it, "Pure awesomenessss."
    Just a fun expansive game, with lots of exploration, replay value, a nice amount of content, and of course beautiful pixels!

16. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

I'm expecting a incredibly vast universe, maybe not infinite, but, maybe something like the Spore galaxy? It is colossal.
    Also, I expect lots of action and a nice dramatic and comedic story.

"They killed my potato... THEY DESERVE TO DIE."

@Offtopic: 100th post, cool.

Skippo likes this.
  17. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

1. Lots of exploration in a large galaxy
    2. Decent random quests/stories
    3. Base/colony building
    4. Customization and gathering party members
    5. Good, varied graphics and environments. Many of them.
    6. An attempt to have some RPG/Sim elements in the design. Not too much in-depth sim, but basic things like gravity, air/water pressure, etc. Also simple sims for things like gardening or crafting.
    7. modding and expansions.
    8. Enormous catalog of wildlife/plants. I don't expect too many sentient races actually.

18. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

An awesome, unique and most certainly a very fun time. Who's with me?

19. psychotwo

psychotwo Void-Bound Voyager

I'm hoping there's a lot of exploration in this. Combat system seems to be well thought-out and I hope it is implemented as such. :)

20. Derpinstein

Derpinstein Starship Captain

startin I exept simple fun but later I exept DWARF FORTRESS level of advanceness!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.