1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you expect from Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Skippo, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skippo

Skippo Tentacle Wrangler

I expect mainly exploration,real-time tactical combat system (meaning you cant just go in guns blazing and win) ,Mass amounts of Awesomenesssss,and alot of replay value. Also, I would like to see the game without any redundant objectives/areas(wishful thinking, as I want this in every game Ive ever played.. ever.)

I have decided upon these expectations from the information they have given us, knowing that there is probably alot more that we do not yet know... don't judge ;)

-Whats your expectations?~~ :O?
    (Or what are you not expecting?)

- Skippo

2. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I'm expecting an expansive universe, one where there would be more variations to planets and ways to play than ways to solve a 1000x1000x1000 rubik's cube.

Skippo likes this.
  3. LemonRobot

LemonRobot Phantasmal Quasar

I expect.. awesome customization and epic space travel. I look most forward to combat though :D

4. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

I don't look forward to anything so I don't get too hyped like I did with Saints Row: The Third. (It sucked)

I like the look of the game so far though, looks promising.

5. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

A very good video game that will provide me hours and hours and hours of gameplay. Just like terraria.

6. Nefarious Bear

Nefarious Bear Yeah, You!

Honestly, from what I've seen so far, it'll seem like a very enjoyable open ended sandbox. A real one, that has no end and it can still be hard with all the end-game stuff. To make this game from good to great is to prevent the inevitable power creeping.

7. Merch

Merch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I expect real awesome coding into this, cool AI's and such.
    As we can all see, it already has.

8. Hostail

Hostail Pangalactic Porcupine

I expect awesome sauce.
    But no really, I expect a game that will get me stuck longer than Terraria and make me have lots of fun on both singleplayer and multiplayer.

9. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

i don't expect much from it so i won't be disappointed and can enjoy the game :)

10. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

What do I expect.. good question actually, I fear that I'm the exact opposite of Dal: That I expect too much and be dissapointed in the end. :confused:

11. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

ah i did that with spore, threw it in the trash after a few hours because i hoped for so much more :confused:

Skippo likes this.
  12. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

The exact same happend to me aswell.

Skyblade799, Skippo and Dal like this.
  13. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

That when you pass gas, you can see it.

14. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

Worst. game. ever.

Except for maybe NFS World :x

15. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

I got as far as I could in creature mode, got bestest wings, got the flight of the bumblbee award, then I died. I hated that.

16. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I expect an awesome game (As you said) Along with a ton of adventure new lighting fixtures, Guns, and new adventures the world has never seen o.o
    ~ John

Skippo and Epicface like this.
  17. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Guns.

Skippo likes this.
  18. Skippo

Skippo Tentacle Wrangler

Ive done done this before :rofl: .. the trailers for most games always get me way to hyped up about a game.. and then it turns out that it is only half as good as I wanted it to be... :cry:

19. Epicface

Epicface Heliosphere

Yeah, the trailers are like an awesome movie, but the game itself is sometimes really bad. Take spore for example.

20. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

To have fun! X3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.