Modding Help What do the values within FarmAnimals.xnb represent?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ThatGuy26, Jan 18, 2020.

1. ThatGuy26

ThatGuy26 Void-Bound Voyager

Example line:

"Dinosaur": "7/0/107/-1/none/8/32/48/32/8/32/48/32/0/false/Coop/16/16/16/16/1/8/null/644/1000/Dinosaur/Coop",

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am very inexperienced at modding. What I'm trying to do is change the sprite of the farm dinosaur to that of the pepper rex mob introduced in the 1.4 update. They have different dimensions so I'm guessing I'll have to edit those.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

• ThatGuy26

ThatGuy26 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! If I may ask a follow-up question, would it be beyond the limitations of content patcher to change the dinosaur into a barn animal rather than a coop animal? Would that require more complex coding?

• hatmouse

hatmouse Phantasmal Quasar

You might want to look into Better Farm Animal Variety. It lets you add new breeds of animals for coops/barns. You could use that to add the big dinosaur as a new barn animal, instead of replacing an old one. The original (here) broke in 1.4, but there's some documentation on the content pack format for the unofficial update I linked here. You can also download some existing packs for it as examples, provided they are updated to the new format :)