Modding Help What do different colors mean in the ship files

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Heartstrings, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

So I'm making a sprite and a ship for an MLP race. I have no idea what the different colors mean in the mostly red files, and I'd like a definition. So thanks in the meantime, I guess.

2. Phlosioneer

Phlosioneer Pangalactic Porcupine

Firstly, there are several how-to's for modding that you should look at, just search the forum for "modding ships". But to give you a pointer or two, here's the short story:
    Ships are described by *.structure files. These are text files; you can open them with any text editor, like notepad. The *.structure files specify the name of the background image, the positioning of the background image, the name of the template image (the one that you're talking about), and the meaning of each color in the template. Default values have red as impassable, blue as foreground-only, various shades of yellow as background blocks, and a few other colors for the other items on the ship. You can re-define these colors, and what they mean, however you want.

3. TheOverWhelming

TheOverWhelming Tentacle Wrangler

I feel like if someone made a tool for this to generate these .structure files the modding process will move a lot faster
    It'd be able to generate .dungeon files and the likes too