What can you put in the soup at the Luao?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alphapharmer, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Alphapharmer

Alphapharmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

i brought a gold start ancient fruit specifically to put into the soup but it wouldn't let me put it in. I just ended up throwing in a beer and the Governer called the soup pleasent. I'm disappointed ;_;

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty sure that's a good thing. But mainly ALMOST anything. Just get a very high quality crop or foragable item. The wiki mentions everything you can add and can't add.

• Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It must be edible stuff, something that'll heal or reduce your HP and / or Energy, something where the game will ask you if you want to eat or not when you right click the food. Ancient Fruit itself is inedible unless you turn it into wine.

I usually throw a gold star purple mushroom since the governor himself is...purple...and he loves it.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Um, I've used a purple Truffle and it went in fine (and was a HUGE hit!), so it doesn't have to be edible.

• Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

• Stryder87

Wait, what?? How is it I've never noticed you could eat a truffle?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
            Gawd I'm such a loser.... hahahaha

• Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It's too valuable to be eaten for its price anyway...and the HP / Energy it recovers is so low! :lod: Best to be sold or processed to be truffle oil for more profit!

• Stryder87

Agreed. With 12 pigs I'm always running my oil makers at capacity. Truffle oil is one of my biggest daily money makers.

• Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

So we can't eat a fruit we can turn into wine or jelly. But we can eat all kinds of poisonous flowers. Alright....

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

Jack Of Shades likes this.
                  • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

You can't go wrong with cheese.

Rauchschwalbe likes this.
                    • guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

I always save a gold star quality Cauliflower from my first spring. I keep it in my "gift" chest until the luau.

Tamsin likes this.
                      • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I shoot for a silver or gold star grape, since at LEAST he's be pleased if not thrilled. Part of me wants to put a red mushroom in just to spite how obsessed Lewis is about this event, but I like enough of the villages to not poison the entire town. (Plus, I don't really have anything against Lewis, so...)

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Guys (and girls :p) stay ontopic. I removed all offtopic posts. Also act civil and nice towards each other instead of giving short and somehow rude answers.

Regards
                          Iris Blanche

• Raxel920

Raxel920 Intergalactic Tourist

On my first luau I didn't have any crops except a poppy I grew for the CC. I decided to take my chances and throw it in and for some reason he liked it.:lolwut:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I just had my first Luau on my new game and the best thing I had on-hand was a gold-star spice berry. I was able to at least get a Good response.

If you have them, you can also get a Best response if you use melons, purple mushrooms, large milk (both kinds) and cheese, among many others, as long as they are gold-quality. There are lots of other items listed on the wiki as well, but those are some of the ones you're likely to have in year 1 when you still really need the points with the villagers.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
                              • guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

I never mentioned it in my last post. A gold star cauliflower WILL get the best result at the luau. So I recommend making some fertilizer on your cauliflower and save 1 gold star Cauliflower.

Jerev likes this.
                                • KylexBaby

KylexBaby Space Hobo

i personally like putting in gold star goat cheese for best reacts

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

I'm weird in the way that this is the only festival I enjoy just because it is and I tend to use whatever I feel like at the time.

Dougyhowzer likes this.
                                    • Tigerle

Tigerle Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gold cauliflower - Easy to get in the first year and so i use it every year.

Jerev likes this.