1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What brought you to Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Navyvinny, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Das-Ludovin

Das-Ludovin Void-Bound Voyager

Precisely. In a world of infinite possibility, to tell the users that 'We no longer are giving you any new possibilities. Have fun.' is just, saddening :(

2. Shotgun Steve

Shotgun Steve Zero Gravity Genie

There was a thread about it from the last forum that I am from.

3. imperishable

imperishable Pangalactic Porcupine

Teraria Online -w-

4. Jorden619

Jorden619 Big Damn Hero

Terraria took me here. It was one of the only games that made me feel truly content with where I was and with the world around me. I hope starbound gives me the same feeling of peace (during the day).

5. knarfc

knarfc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Terraria and th description, the game sunded so cool to me, so i checked it out.

6. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Being an old school Terraria fan/nerd. Played that awesomeness from day 1. Saddens me that it's a dead game now though :cry:
    But once I checked out Starbound I knew this would become on of my fav games of all time! ;)

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

-MrTasty

7. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

My reason for coming is TOTALLY original! ...and doesn't involve Terraria at all... >_> Ok you got me. I'm in with all the other guys who moved on for Terraria. I was starting to get tired of my town in Terraria getting slaughtered by freaking Unicorns. And since this seems like Terraria Advanced, I figured this would be the next step. I was a little ofput by the change, but once I read the About page I grew excited at what was planned for the future! I can't wait for the release, and I'm looking forward to being very active through it's run~

8. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

When my heart was shattered that one of my favourite games was never going to be officially updated.
    Then I was told of this, so I came, and now I plan to be loved by all.

(Not going to happen, I know.)

9. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Space Penguins brought me here. They promised me cake...they lied...

10. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

TERRARIA brought me here.

11. Wazupmaster

Wazupmaster Phantasmal Quasar

Tiy's twitter brought me here.

12. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Um,
    The multi university of mega astronomical brought me here o_O
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

13. Meles

Meles Master Chief

I'm gunna quote a post I put on another forum for this one, cos It really sums it up for me.

"
    So if you're like me, the recent news that development on Terraria has ceased will have been a crushing blow.For those of us who bought the game on release and played it near to death on more than one occasion it really was like being told that one of your best friends had died, devastating to say the least. Sure we still have the game but the knowledge it will never have any new content will always hang over us, It seems there is no light at the end of this particular tunnel.

But never fear for a new game is in development that looks as though it won't just pick up where Terraria left off, but blow it from the pixellated water and take it into realms hither to un-thought of..."
    It's got to be said when I watched WelshPixie's StarBound video my jaw hit the floor... A choir of angels had started singing all around me, Truly... there is a God... and He/She is 8bit.
    ~nods~

14. ZamShadow

ZamShadow Aquatic Astronaut

reddit.

15. Bixxith

Bixxith Void-Bound Voyager

I heard about it from Tiy's twitter, before Redigit announced his disinterest in continuing Terraria.

16. Mrhighseas

Mrhighseas Star Wrangler

WelshPixie br ought me here. I had read the infamous "Death of Terraria" post, but it didn't click until I came here.

17. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

A link! *ba dum tish*

18. rndP

rndP Master Chief

A post on the IndieGameMag website about Tiy making a new game.

I got excited instantly.

19. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

pedguin and yrimir

20. FrEnZy210

FrEnZy210 Starship Captain

No more Terraria updates. What am I supposed to do now? Seriously... I play Terraria a lot. (Open in a window riiiiiight now.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.