1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you looking forward to in Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by knarfc, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knarfc

knarfc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How is Stabound different form other games in your opinion, maybe compare to Terraria and other Indie Games. What makes Starbound so special, to you?

2. Kuyon

Kuyon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well I think the art style is pretty different from other games (even terraria which I love). I am looking forward to exploring multiple planets and building bases on them. Also when teaming up with friends which I will make get them get the game doing that with people.

3. Rollder

Rollder Void-Bound Voyager

i love 2D side scrollers and how it has so much it can turn into and any story that comes along with it could lengthen the game more and could end up with so many variables to the story, quests and gameplay in general it is unreal.I also like the art direction for the game i have and all ways will love 8-bit games(even if it is called that and if not pixilated games) and it looks really good visualy.
    i very much hope that me and my friends find this game very fun and will be one of the best we have played(but that is just me)

4. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

In terms of how it's different, only good thing I could think would be "Starbound is different because it's a different game than other games.":D

I'm looking forward to a lot of stuff in the game, the one I'm mostly looking forward to is probably water planets and tidally locked planets.:)

5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I don't know for sure, since it hasn't come out yet.

6. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like space and penguins.

7. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

I'm completely in love with Terraria and if this game is anything like it, then I'll love this game as well. Hell, this game looks like it'll be better than Terraria hehe ^_^

8. FlameCascade

FlameCascade Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just thought the amount of creativity possible with the space setting was truly exciting.

9. Kohjix

Kohjix Star Wrangler

Probably the weaponry. The significant amount of generation of the guns makes me excited! :D

10. WhenAjaxAttacks

WhenAjaxAttacks Aquatic Astronaut

Pokemon... IN SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE SPACE... :alien:

11. Offline

Offline Astral Cartographer

I love 2D side-scrollers such as Terraria and Cave Story. I loved the gun additions to Terraria, and I can't wait to get into Starbound and put a cap in everything's ass.
    There's something about point-blanking - with seeing all the damage rack up over their heads - that just gives me a buzz.

12. knarfc

Ok yah in Terraria, I love the guns, probably my favorite part.

13. Polar !

Polar ! Pangalactic Porcupine

Exploration, finding new and rare things, researching about them
    That's my thing atm about starbound

14. knarfc

Those are all very important things in a game in my opinion.

15. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm looking for a good good good game to look forward to! I'm sick of signing up for Beta and not getting a key and quietly cry in my bed ._.
    But in all seriousness I think that the whole concept of the game is something I will look forward to!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

16. knarfc

Same I hate crying in bed, I can cry in the bathroom for hours though.

17. JohnDevince

Thats deep stuff brother. : On Topic : Yeah but I do believe this game will not let me down! For my strongest computer in the house is a 27 inch IMac o_O And I am proud of the dev's supporting other systems! This will be a major pull for the team!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

18. knarfc

That is a very large screen, and I don't think that it will let anybody down.

19. JohnDevince

My screen indeed is big! But I know the game won't be a let down. Tiy has not failed me yet! I believe this games sales will be DOUBLE of Terraria!
    I think this game is going to be big and popular (Just like me!) and have a ton of great community members!
    ~ Thank You All!
    John Devince

20. knarfc

Haha you have very enjoyable posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.