1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the most powerful pets?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by redxlaser15, Aug 31, 2017.

1. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

In an update a while back I believe your pets damage/defense/health depend on the player's now, but which ones are the best ones to get? Some seem to be way to slow to do much, even if they go threw walls, some just seem kinda derpy.
    That big turnip like creature seems to fairly good, but other than that I don't know. Lots of the pets I have tried just get wrecked for some reason or another, any ideas of what creatures would make the best pets?

2. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fennix is my favorite, personally. Not just cause it's a fox, but because it tends to work well for me. Relatively fast speed, flamethrower attack, and it pounces enemies. I use Healing III Collar as well.

3. opaj

opaj Void-Bound Voyager

Piggybacking off this question, Lumoth seems useful due to the fact that it's also a light source. Has anyone tried using this pet? How does it stack up to other pets? Is it any good in combat... or can it least survive wild monster attacks?

4. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

If you want a pet that will destroy anything in it's path get an Orbide, although it will not follow you just throw it into combat when you get into a battle. Orbide can be found in the hive biome on midnight biomes.

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Lumoths are weak as hell and best given whatever collar it is that makes them docile and unkillable as an extra light source for spelunking.

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

The upper atmosphere birds that can be found on any planet are great all-round, since they have ranged attacks and move relatively quickly.

7. opaj

opaj Void-Bound Voyager

I stumbled upon a Lumoth and a health regeneration collar last night, so I thought I'd see how it did. @M_Sipher wasn't joking! It bumped into an enemy about a second after I released it and instantly exploded.

Now I've got a dead Lumoth and a wasted collar. Oh well. I'll have to try one of those birds @DraikNova spoke of.

8. redxlaser15

Honestly, a big part of what I want is simply a pet that is competent in the field and just nice to have around. I like pets, and my ship snake is cool, but others would be nice too. I don't strictly want them to be docile and stuff, but where is the best place to get collars anyway? Are they just completely random other than the ghostly collar from that weird guy in the outpost?

9. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Completely random. I have better luck finding Healing III collars around Frozen Stars for some reason, but it should all be random. Since there's no way I know of to heal your pets, I think it's the best one. Though, that's just my opinion.

10. redxlaser15

Well I do know that a fully upgraded inventors table can allow you to make something related to pets (I don't remember the name) and after building that you place it and inside one of the things you can craft is a healing station thing. But that does require you carry it around with you everywhere or keep it in one place to heal your pets. It's expensive, but the same crafting station can also allow you to make more throwing ball things. (Also can't remember name)