1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Well Read achievement won't trigger

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Moose2001, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Kinasin

Kinasin Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, it's strange it shows
    [Error] Cannot set Steam achievement kill10poptops
    [02:51:29.960] [Error] Cannot set Steam achievement capturepoptop
    [02:51:29.960] [Error] Cannot set Steam achievement dismisscrewmember

Anywho thank you for your time.

2. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Gonna try learning them all again on a new character and see if that fixes it. I'll report back if I still don't have the achievement.

3. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

So, After spawning a ton of books on a new character, I got the achievement. Its weird, its not even related to learning them, simply looting the books. I don't know why I had to do it on a separate character, but this is very annoying (especially since I'm now having trouble with the motley crew achievement).

4. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The motley crew achievement is bugged out by the penguin crew member (as far as I know), try creating a new character and hire a crew member from each of the 7 races. the achievement works cross character so any crew you hired after the penguin should count in. That is assuming you actually had a penguin cause if not then that ruins most of what we knew about the bug so far.

Also I think looting the books might have been enough because you already learned them on the other character (and the achievements work cross character) so there is probably a double requirement of both obtaining the book and learning it. This looks as if the data about obtaining the book is being randomly wiped for some reason.

5. Minoglio

Minoglio Big Damn Hero

For anyone having trouble with this achievement now, here's something you might want to try.
    I've returned to the game after a long absence and i wanted to complete the achievements left (i've 500+ hours between 2013 and now). The "Well read" one was one of them. At first i didn't bother counting how many codices were already unlocked on my main character so i kept collecting, but then i realised i already had 110 codices unlocked. I went to the forum and didn't find any really satisfying and easy answer. So i thought i would keep this for later and just as i came back to the game and went to the outpost, i randomly bought "A guide to Colony Construction" and learned it, which i had already (confirmed by the notification "Codex already known"), but then guess what happened ? The achievement unlocked. I have no clue why and i don't know if it would work for anybody else but it's probably worth a shot if you're in this same situation.
    Have fun across the galaxy :)

(and thanks once again to the developers for this great game)