1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Well Read achievement won't trigger

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Moose2001, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe the new journal that they added to the game messes it up (the thank you card), as I got that before reaching 100. I'll just wait for a patch.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@Moose2001 please provide your statistics file. I've an assumption and want to get sure if it's the case or not.
    @Geth270 can i have your statistics file too?

~ Iris ~

3. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here you go, I'm also attaching a screen of all the codices I have.
    I have the "thank you card"

Attached Files:

4. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

uploaded statistics

Attached Files:

5. Iris Blanche

It seems to be bound to the statistics. I took a look in the "itemSet.category.codex" array.
    @Geth270 you have 99 codex entries in the statistics.
    @Moose2001 you have only 75 codex entries in the statistics.
    I assume the achievement is somehow triggered at 99 or so. Maybe the file got resetted somehow? Hard to say though...But i'm pretty sure that it is somehow related to the statistics file.

~ Iris ~

Geth270 likes this.
  6. Geth270

So you're saying not all the codices get logged in the stats or some just randomly decide not to? Also this would explain why achievements work cross character since it all goes into one stats file.

@Moose2001 maybe it's worth a shot to try trigger them all again on a fresh char.

Also maybe it works like a switch, which would explain why I'm missing 2 of them in stats, I initially only had one char but then I made a few more and triggered some of the first ones a few times.

7. Iris Blanche

I can only assume it but it would make sense for so much achievement bugs. It definitly needs further investigation in how the statistics works.

~ Iris ~

8. Geth270

How did you calculate that I have 99 codex entries? I've counted them twice now and there is only 91 lol. Am I missing something

Edit--
    I've just triggered one of the later game codex on an empty character and the stats still count 91, so definitely doesn't work like a switch. I'm curious what makes the disappear now.

Attached Files:

• 31.PNG
      31.PNG
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
    • 32.PNG
      32.PNG
      File size:
      105.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  9. Iris Blanche

Dang...i searched for -codex" : to get the entries...sry had mistaken it... ^^' However...i spawned all 118 codices. The achievement has triggered at the 100th entry. Statistics file added as attachement. I read 102 or so.

~ Iris ~

Attached Files:

10. Geth270

Wat how, It'd take me like 1 hour to spawn 118 objects. Are you even human?

11. Iris Blanche

I am the CPU of planeptune! Sry but i couldn't resist :nurunaughty:
    I used a macro on my G19 for spawning them >v<

~ Iris ~

12. Geth270

Looks like following codices (god that word is starting to piss me off, why did I look it up) are not listed in your stats:
    apex history 1 4 6 9

avian history 9

floaran history 1 3 10

glitch history 9

hyman history 4 6 8 9

hylotl history 7

glitch mission 4

hylotl mission 8

castle king 4

colony story 3

I'm gonna check if mine is missing the same ones.
    Nope, I already run into apexhistory4 in mine. I guess it's not related to individual ones, so something else must be causing this. Also you had exactly 100 of them.

Maybe they get progressively removed/overwritten the longer you play or something and not get logged anymore once you hit 100, dunno at this point.

13. Iris Blanche

Hm maybe there is somewhere an error when storing them or so...but it's hard to say. I have no clue how it is done since it's hardcoded. @mollygos sry for tagging in the first place but could you take a look onto this?

~ Iris ~

14. Geth270

Well, I thought that maybe it was the intro mission since it starts you off with 2 codices but it's set to take away everything from you when you quit prematurely, but no luck, still 91 entries in my one.

15. Iris Blanche

Maybe mollygos can clarify some things about this when she have the time for it.

~ Iris ~

16. Geth270

welp I can't disagree with that, all we can do at this point is make blind guesses lol so it's probably better to wait

Also if mollygos gets here, can you please update the "how to submit the bug report" with the correct file path for Windows?
    currently it is : Windows – Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/starbound.log
    And with all respect to anyone who visits the forum, some less intuitive people fail to look in the storage folder and say there was no log in starbound folder.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  17. Kinasin

Kinasin Void-Bound Voyager

I have missing achievements errors in my logs. Among a few other strange anomalies.

Attached Files:

18. Iris Blanche

These achievements doesn't exist afaik. As for the other errors: these are mod issues. You will have to contact the mod authors for this.

~ Iris ~

19. Kinasin

Kinasin Void-Bound Voyager

Why is it showing that dismiss crew member achievement?

20. Iris Blanche

Maybe it was planned but not added in the end. Or it's just an oversight to have it removed. I don't know >v<

~ Iris ~