WIP Welcome to the Rice Fields Mod

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by SgtPineapple1st, Mar 4, 2016.

1. SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just want to add a note for everyone watching this mod. I have begun the long process of... a big project involving Visual Studio, C#, and XNA... it's a learning experience for me and will eventually become something. Thus progress on this mod may go slower than it should (I mean it's already slow going as is). Apologies to all of you. If the game was better optimized for modding from the start, I understand why it wasn't, this mod might already be finished.

zyymurgy likes this.
    • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Good luck on your big project. We'll be here whenever you have time for this mod again. :up:

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I know you're working on something bigger right now, but in the mean-time, would it be okay for me to use your mod within one of my mods if I give you proper credit?
        I made an NPC that randomly gifts items to the player and because I want to make it compatible with your rice and cotton seeds, I made my items as additions to your springobjects.png.
        If I could, I'd like to make it so that my NPC gifts the player rice and cotton seeds every now and then. That way, people could use those seeds without the cheat console.

• Locou

Locou Void-Bound Voyager

The idea is ok I guess, but it involves a lot of work to implement a steady supply of new seeds. Rather than having a new merchant event each year, why not use the existing merchants for that purpose? You could use
          Krobus or Sandy
          to unlock 2-3 crops each season after year 2.

• LPkun

LPkun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

>hemp seeds

Oh, man... I'm loving it and haven't even finished reading yet.

• SgtPineapple1st

Well... I've got a lot of stuff going on... school and life stuff. Chances are I will be unable to make this mod in the near future. If anyone would like to take my ideas and create a mod with them, or take over this mod entirely, feel free to.

Feel free to do so credit or not.

Superior_s likes this.
              • GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

So is this mod an xnb overwrite?

• kodemunkey

kodemunkey Phantasmal Quasar

I'm using a different mod called "More Crops" which adds rice, would this mod be compatible?

• junimotherese

junimotherese Void-Bound Voyager

I keep hearing Filthy Frank's voice when I read the title of this thread.
                    [​IMG]

joyous.ariella likes this.
                    • SgtPineapple1st

Am I back?

Ciriun likes this.
                      • SgtPineapple1st

Inb4 all my files were lost when my old laptop broke... it's ok though, everything should be on a google drive... unless I also deleted that...

• You should make this into a Custom Selling shop mod Rather than spawning it :^) but thanks for this

• kentilaok

kentilaok Void-Bound Voyager

go go go go

• Ailsaek

Ailsaek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this dead?

• ADD_Booknerd

ADD_Booknerd Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is this mod still available in any form or is it completely dead?