weird underwater farming issue (FU used)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Saquar, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Saquar

Saquar Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a problem with consistent underwater farming and after testing all the variables I can think of I am reaching out here for help.

I've set up an underwater farm like I've seen in videos and pictures and yet most of the tilled underwater spots break the algae pod shortly after placing it. Compounding the issue is that not all spots break the plant, and I have yet to find rhyme or reason as to why those spots are ok for planting but the others are not. I am using Fracking Universe and was using a compact crops mod but I've disabled it in the hopes it might resolve this issue, but no such luck. Here is a picture.
    upload_2019-11-22_20-26-50.png

I've tried placing pods in all the vacant spots. They all broke except 4. Two of those grew normally until I left the planet and broke upon my return. Very vexing.
    Any help\knowledge would be appreciated.

EDIT:
    OMG I can't believe how dense I was. I made the assumption that algae is an underwater crop. This issue is resolved.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019