Weird Trivia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BentFX, Apr 23, 2018.

1. BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Worm spots are dry: I notice that when you hoe artifact spots in the rain, the dirt is dry. If you hoe the surrounding dirt the rain wets it and the spot where the worms were will be the only dry spot. Trivial, but weird.

margotbean likes this.
    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

The skills tab shows skill levels plus any active buffs: It's not really weird but it took a long time before I discovered it.
      PlusBuff.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
        Pangaearocks and nevyn21 like this.
      • Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Hadn't noticed the boosted skill either, but then I don't check out that screen since all skills are maxed out. Thanks.

Another possibly weird trivia: Was clearing out trees around mushrooms and accidentally removed a seed that was a mushroom. It comes up as "Weeds".

Weeds.png

I was rather excited about this and tried to plant them elsewhere, hoping to get more mushrooms, and be able to plant them like normal trees. Sadly they just turned up as normal weeds, although a bit darker in colour. Then went to the wiki hoping I had seen something unseen, but aye, they got it covered. Apparently it's a bug and we shouldn't be able to get this item (which is obviously incorrect given the source anyway).

BentFX likes this.
        • ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Those weeds are a good source of fiber.

Game fiber item. I seem to run out of those things often so I have to go farm them in the sewer bug area.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Mine levels 25 and 105 are also good levels to farm fiber. Easy if you have the elevator. Just go between the two of them for a while and you'll get enough for all your Junimo hut needs!

• ladymurasaki

ladymurasaki Star Wrangler

Good info. Thanks Stryder!

• Pangaearocks

Pangaearocks Big Damn Hero

Oh, it's for Junimo huts? I've got 7-800 of those fibers sitting around doing nothing, with nothing to spend them on. Like clay.

• Cramped Sultana

Cramped Sultana Big Damn Hero

They're a very good source of fiber! I have the most regular citizen in Stardew Valley. Of course, when they find out how I've been fertilizing my crops...

MarianT and Jack Of Shades like this.
                  • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

How did I never notice that??? You rock!

I knew about the skills tab, but only because I noticed that trees weren't dropping seeds one day, so I checked the skills tab and saw that I had leveled up in Foraging. That was when I figured out that it shows your level moment-to-moment. Because of a bug. Grrr. ;)

BentFX likes this.
                    • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Ooohhhh I hate it when that happens, especially in the early game (Spring Y1) when I'm running around my farm trying to get seeds to make bars with! Lost so many seeds because of that!

margotbean likes this.
                      • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Just dig up seeds from the ground literally first thing in the morning, before chopping any trees, then you never have this problem.

First thing I do every morning for first two weeks is step outside and clock where the seeds are today. Don't need them after that because of salmonberries, but before that they're a life saver

Except day one, when you can't dig them up

margotbean likes this.
                        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Is there an instant level-up mod? CJB Cheats Menu will display the achievement screen and level you up immediately if you click a button, and UI Info Suite will play a sound if you reach the next level but you have to sleep before truly leveling up. It seems it should be fairly trivial to plug the two together.

It seems silly that when you hit the XP for level 4 fishing you can immediately buy the fiberglass rod but have to wait till morning to craft bait. That, and those damn seeds not dropping.

margotbean likes this.
                          • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Level 2, but yeah

And the other thing which is weird, I always get the message about the fiberglass rod two days after getting level 2, and therefore one day after I've already bought it

margotbean and BentFX like this.
                            • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, but... but... yeah. :D

margotbean likes this.
                              • ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

The weeds obtained from mushroom trees spread like other weeds, so conceivably it could be useful to plant them in a disused corner of your land and "farm" them for fiber. But mostly it's just a weird little bug.

I'd love if we could actually pick up and replant the mushroom "seeds", but since we can't, the weed item is an amusing consolation prize.