Modding Help Weird mod request regarding UI sounds

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by richryb, Jul 3, 2020.

1. richryb

richryb Space Hobo

I know this will sound a bit weird, but I have a deep dislike for UI sounds, especially certainly clicky sounds really grate on me, and I end up muting all the sound effects as a result, which isn't ideal.
    Starbound uses these clicky sounds unfortunately, so I thought I'd reach out and ask if anyone could help me here.
    In particular the clicky sound used for switching tabs in your inventory is one I'd like to mute. Even mouseovering my inventory causes a weird click sound (a different one), and that needs to go too! I'd also like to get rid of the popping sound when I pick things up out of the inventory. Would be great to mute these, or frankly all UI sounds if that's easier/possible.
    Thanks for any help/advice!

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Give me a few hours and I will have something for you. Do you use steam for your mods? I also have made weather sfx reduction mod and ambient noise reduction mod at the request of people

EDIT -- added mod as attachment to this post, enjoy.

This doesnt do away with interface sounds involving space travel on your navigator, etc. Is you come across more sounds you dislike just let me know

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020