Modding Help Weird Issue With Arm Sprite Offset

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DimeADozenn, Oct 18, 2022.

1. DimeADozenn

DimeADozenn Intergalactic Tourist

I've been working on a race mod for a while now, and it seems to be coming along quite well. I've gotten along with the spritework just fine, except now I've been running into a weird issue with the alignment of the arm when moving while holding a 2-handed melee.

This is what it looks like normally when holding the weapon. (Pardon the floating hair :p)
    upload_2022-10-18_9-0-35.png

But then, when the character walks while facing the direction where that arm is visible, it very noticeably drops much lower than it should. I've tried messing with the sprite sheet to try and fix this, but it doesn't really help.
    upload_2022-10-18_9-1-47.png

On top of that, the frame of the second attack in the combo animation has a weird quirk of its own that I'm just outright confused by.
    upload_2022-10-18_9-3-29.png

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've been using Skittles Advanced Template Race Mod from here so far. Is there any way I could access the files regarding the offset/positioning of the sprites? I'm still pretty new to modding Starbound and modding in general so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!