1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Weird critter behaviour? (They get stuck and can't move up a block)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mackatosh, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Mackatosh

Mackatosh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone else is getting this issue.
    [​IMG]

Basically critters sometimes get stuck and they absolutely cannot move up a block, though they do seem to be able to move down. I think the only mod I have that interferes with critters is Frackin Universe.

Anyone else experience this, or could it just be my mods?

2. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

I've seen this, too. Additionally, birds are not always (or not immediately) flying away when I approach.

3. Mackatosh

OK after a while of not bothering to do any more checking, I uninstalled all mods and reset all of my starbound data. I still got the issue. I haven't seen any more posts about this at all, so is it really not an issue for most people?

4. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

It is probably not at the forefront of most players' minds, considering there is still a serious issue with the nav console.

5. UniversalMan

UniversalMan Space Hobo

Yes, the critters of my world are experiencing the exact same issue. Once they are there, they cannot unstuck themselves, unless I manually move blocks. Basically, where the player can ease over a block without the need for jumping, the critters cannot.

6. Mackatosh

Thankfully someone on the workshop uploaded a mod to fix it. I think the birds are still a bit bugged as they're pretty slow to fly away, but it still makes the game so much better. Until the devs patch it I think we're stuck with vanilla critters being crippled.

Here's the link, there's also a mediafire link on page for non-steam versions.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119973779

7. CrazylikE

CrazylikE Void-Bound Voyager

I also have this issue, but since I'm fairly new to the game, I did'nt think much about it. Also, I made myself one of those net catcher things, but I cant seem to be able to catch anything. Maybe I am trying to catch the wrong things *shrug*

8. Mackatosh

I also noticed that penguins from the missions can't move up blocks either. I reckon it's not a critter issue but rather one regarding movement in general.

9. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams