1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Weapon Reassembler 0.4beta

Change your gun's appearance

Tags:
  1. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

Very interesting !
    I will give a try tonight. Thank you for sharing your work :)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. NaturesWitness

NaturesWitness Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will this work with Frackinraces Universe?

3. MelOzone

MelOzone Pangalactic Porcupine

You mean Frackin Universe?
    I don't use it myself but if it uses vanilla weaponbuilder scripts, it should work. The only way I know of is to try and and see it for yourself.

Note that my thing currently supports only randomly generated guns (like pistols, assault rifles, rocket launchers etc), not the "static" weapons like crafted tier-based ones or uniques. Recoloring-wise, my system is based on the knowledge that any weapon parts use a limited number of standart colors (and this allow "static" color swaps). If FU adds new weapon parts but keeps the palette vanilla-style, recoloring should work.
    New altModes, if any, can create a problem if they are closely tied to elemental damage (like Energy Lance - it breaks the weapon when attempting to make it physical).

4. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

This looks like a nice improvement on this type of mod compared to other ones, I just have a few questions for about this one:

1. Can you change the secondary fire and Attribute/Element type separate from each other? (There are some useful secondary fire modes but sometimes they have the wrong attribute)

2. Are there any issues when mixing Rarities, Teirs, and Attributes? (I have a different weapon reassembler mod that does weird things with rarities, teirs, and attributes if you mix the parts)

3. Does this mod also work on the randomly generated melee weapons and staves?

6. MelOzone

@LordRuin
    Never tried both.
    Borderlands - probably. I suppose it uses the same (or similar) script to generate weapons and sticks to Chuckles' specifications.
    ManTouch - probably no. I gave it a quick look, and it seems it changes the build weapon script AND the tooltip. The first may not be critical if the changes are not drastic and the author sticks to Chuckles' specifications for weapons (read: structure of the weapon lua is the same). The tooltip may cause a conflict; after some consideration I gave my mod a custom tooltip, but it is applied to modded weapons only, so naturally generated weapons are probably safe.

Still, these are only my speculations. Unfortunately currently I have no time nor the means to give it extensive testing.

PS. Sorry for the late reply, I kinda dropped into a wormhole.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. MelOzone

1. Could you elaborate?
    If you mean you want to add a grenade thrower to your rifle AND change its element (not to the one from the original weapon nor from the template), it is currently possible. The only exceptions are altmodes that are elemental-only or physical-only. Physical-only can not be changed at all and elemental-only can be changed to another element but NOT to physical (ex: Energy Lance).
    2. - Mixing rarities should currently be safe and not result in a PGI. Note that Common rarity weapons are strictly physical and Uncommon/Rare are strictly elemental by default. Also, the AltModes still have limitations (see above).
    - My mod does not change the weapon tier. Thus the damage is entirely based on the original gun you're modding. You can make your Tier 1 gun look like a Tier 5 gun, no problem. Its stats still will be Tier 1, though. My main concern was to prevent situation where you like how the gun looks but have to throw it away because it's too weak. So, typically, you can take a gun you like (low-tier) and make a powerful gun of your choice (high-tier) look like it. Sort of a "vanity skin", only for weapons, not for armor. Different tiers whould be entirely compatible (only randomly generated, not crafted ones).
    - I don't change attributes/weapon stats, only visuals (and AltModes). You're probably alking about Weapon Assembly, right?
    The original mod I and the other guy based our stuff on is the same (Gun Assembler). Originally it allowed changings weapon stats by assigning them to weapon parts and allowing "mixing" them after disassembling several weapons. This idea, while very interesting, is much more difficult to implement. It also rose the question of balancing the newly created weapons. Randomly generated ones are already balanced out by Chuckles', but the new ones, created by player, were not, and the author of Gun Assembler admitted this. While this is not an unsolvable problem, working on it requires some time (much time, if you consider my perfectionism), and I felt like this idea deviates from my original "change the looks but keep the gun core" idea. Call me lazy.
    Since AltModes derive their stats from main weapon stats (and I don't change these), their damage is based on the original weapon you're modding. Adding a Grenade Thrower AltMod to your rifle should automatically scale its damage according to its own stats and tier.

3. Not yet. I consider it one of the main drawbacks of my mod. It is possible, the core code is there, but it needs tuning and extending (for example, some melee weapons consist of 2 parts, not 3). I focused on guns for two reasons: a) I mostly use guns myself, and b) I wanted to make sure it works before adding more functionality.

Unfortunately, part of my PC rig is still fried. Last half of this year wasn't exactly nice. I'm currently trying to earn some money, and hardware is at the top of my list, but there are some vitals I need to cover first. I hope to return to it once I replace my potato with a videocard.

Actually, I'm surprised it still works, after all the content patches. Is does work, doesn't it?

8. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the info, and an example of my first question is that I like having Homing as my secondary on rocket launchers, yet I run into issues during vault raids when the guardians are resistant to the element type I have and the element they are weak aganst doesn't have homing.

As for the second thing I have been using Weaon Assembly and that is where I had the weird issues when mixing weapon parts and it ruined some of the parts to the point I couldn't get teir 6 weapons for vault runs.

Hopefully one day this mod supports all random generated weapons, I only use the random melee until I can craft the top teir versions, but staves and wands are very tricky to find good combinations (I try to find something useful to knock Peblits around since they tend to get in the way)

And finally hopefully you can get your system back to full working order, I had my own issue a while back where my hard drive failed, currrupting all the data on it, I had stuff on an older drive but I lost two years worth of stuff and I'm still rebuilding things (I had some Starbound mods in the works that now need to be redone from the ground up).

9. XenDem

XenDem Space Hobo

I can't seem to find templates