1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Weapon Nerf really?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by sanjirosan, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatproofsean

heatproofsean Space Spelunker

thing is, before the update I had a weapon with 138 dps, and the iron bow was 145 ish IIRC. And I could one shot any mob.

Now, it takes 3-4 hits of the same weapon that was nerfed (down to 10 dps, all the weapons I collected from a prison are between 6 and 10 from 70 to 120. The starting weapon is 10....). The Iron Bow takes 2-3 hits.

lv1 daytime mobs hit me for 40% of my health with full snow armour. Which has been nerfed again. was equal to iron (defector 3/5/8). Now it's 1/2/2 armour. Which I guess is ok if the mentioned it in the patch.

After doing the boss today with the patch, the boss was a joke. my damage was right for the hp it had. It's damage was low considering I had crappy snow armour. Which means the mobs of the planet are more powerful than the boss.

2. TZling

TZling Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue here; the players were nerfed way too hard - but the mobs stay strong making it really unbalanced.

3. sanjirosan

sanjirosan Aquatic Astronaut

I do like that my thread had turned into more of a talk about the issues, and not people talking down to others. Thank you everyone for keeping this chat on topic

4. MrK

MrK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just started a new game, just beamed down without taking anything and challenged the first bird I saw. After 5 minutes of dodging I died... 5 minutes. I don't know what your problem is, but you are trying to make the game too easy, go play more and accept the fact that you die. I promise you will become better after just a few hours, but a freakin bird? com'n man, stop crying

5. Profile

Profile Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5 minutes is actually quite a lot of time to defeat one enemy on a starting world, yet end up dying instead. And no, I don't think anybody here wants the game to be too easy, however, when you start it it's just tedious how much time you have to spend fighting tough monsters and birds that respawn and pretty much have nothing to lose, berserk charge you at the sight of you every time, it goes from being a fun "Hey, I just defeated that monster!" to a "God damn it, not this again." in a short amount of time.

6. Raksen

Raksen Big Damn Hero

I don't think fixing things that don't make sense or are just plain annoying makes the game too easy. Birds will aggro on you from twice the distance normal ground monsters do, and they will hunt you to the ends of the earth. I could dive a hundred feet down into a cave and that bird would still be trying to navigate the tunnels in order to hunt me down. They just DO. NOT. QUIT. Not to mention just how OP their rapid-fire ranged attacks are.

Currently low-tier weapons are just so weak and unbalanced. For instance - The Iron 2H Sword costs twenty iron and some pixels. Meanwhile, the hunting knife is STRONGER, and only costs TEN Iron. In fact, the STARTING sword is just as strong as the hunting knife, so there's no reason at all to make any of the iron weapons aside for the sake of learning the steel weapon recipes. But you can't even make steel stuff until you defeat the first boss! So you either have to test your mettle against the UFO boss with only weak iron equipment, or you need to scour the universe for a merchant that will sell you good gear.

7. sanjirosan

this I like, thank you CF Devs for working your butts off to make the game work right, and I would be thankful if you could close and lock this thread seeing as it is no longer needed, and seeing people talk down to others just does not help. thanks

8. ankou0

ankou0 Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. Faith repaid.

9. Ryverwynd

Ryverwynd Aquatic Astronaut

I hope they let us change how we map our controls soon I hate using wasd as my movements just not good with it. Still at least we can kill things a bit easier now

10. sanjirosan

i don't really care about killing things easy, I just care that things don't kill me right away. that is no way to teach players how to play

11. Chucky89

Chucky89 Void-Bound Voyager

My main problem I'm currently struggeling with is armor and the shield, since it feels like it has nearly no impact. Dunno how much damage the shield reduces, but it feels kinda useless.

I have to somehow grind the pixels for iron armor - and try not to die in the progress of course - because the copper armor is nearly as good as my starting clothes. On my first planet was a big bad monster at the teleport spawn that onehitted me rightaway. Luckily I managed to ged 4 coal to have enough coal so I could travel to the neighbour planet. But the mobs there spit electrizity at me, that kills me in 3-4 hits too...
    Bit of a dilemma right there: I should go farming pixel, but when I die, I lose them really quickly. In addition, its an desert planet without any plant fibers in reach.

Lucky me :D

12. Ryverwynd

Ryverwynd Aquatic Astronaut

Mostly Im just talking about difficulty. If things kill you so quick you cant really do much you can't learn. Most of the difficulty for me come from having my controls in a manner in dislike a great deal. But even without that they were killing us to quicky. We are beta testing though so gotta work out the kinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.