Weapon Crafting!

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by DavidLK.15!, Apr 8, 2016.

1. DavidLK.15!

DavidLK.15! Tentacle Wrangler

I was thinking while i re-watched the starbound combat update trailer.
    So if the game can create its own procedually generated weapons with ramdom sets of parts, why shouldn't we also do the same.

My point is when you get for example a rocket launcher and then you dissasemble it at the cost of pixels (depending on the tier it might cost more) you get the rocket launcher parts, and you get other weapon parts and then build your own custom rocket launcher (The strenght of the weapon will depend on the part's tier). TADAAA!!! An Automatic rocket launcher, or a Toxic rocket launcher, or a Stone launcher?

Wouldn't it just be so awesome, it could take the weapon crafting system to a whole new level and it might be a bit overpowered too, you will be only limited by your imagination or the amount of weapon part there is.

What do you guys think?

2. Lichen

Lichen Big Damn Hero

Sounds like fallout 4

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Because people would make the most broken guns in existence.

4. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I do not want to collect the garbage. :)

5. SssssuperFloran2004

SssssuperFloran2004 Void-Bound Voyager

I guess... Nerfing the guns (like making the dmg limited and only having one attribute) then i think that would be cool.:nuruhappy:

6. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Actually, the mechanics from that game could be used, in that the guns can be modified, not just to make them have different stats, but also make them have different behaviors, such as switching their ammo type, making semi-automatic weapons automatic, making weapons fire more shots before running out of energy, etc...