Weapon Alt-Click ability List

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by Dragonburger, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dragonburger

Dragonburger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am going to try and organize Information on the abilities into categories by weapon for easy reference. Thanks to Dunto for helping me by merging my posts and giving me advice.

Thank you for reading this thread and contributing.

• Assault Rifle:

Ability Name: Energy Lance
    Observed Effects: Short range blast of energy from the front of the weapon, almost like a melee attack. High Knock-Back, decent Damage, low Rate of Fire and low Energy Cost

Ability Name: Grenade Launcher
    Observed Effects: An AOE projectile is launched at an arc from the weapon, the projectile explodes on contact with creatures and objects in the environment. If the weapon has an elemental effect the projectile will also. It has a higher Energy Cost, has a slower Rate of Fire and does high Damage.

Ability Name: Spray N' Pray
    Observed Effects: Weapon fires at an extremely high Rate of Fire with lower Accuracy for as long as right mouse button is held. High Rate of Fire quickly drains Energy.

Ability Name: Explosive round
    Observed Effects: Weapon fires explosive rounds with a small AOE blast effect. Energy Cost, Damage and Knock-Back are slightly increased. Rate of Fire seems unaffected.

• Rocket Launcher

Ability Name: Homing Rocket
    Observed Effects: Fires a rocket at an angle from the weapon, after about 2 seconds rocket flies towards the enemy closest to the player. Detonates over time if it cannot connect with the enemy. Rockets have a higher Rate of Fire, lower Energy Cost and less Damage.

Ability Name: Rocket Barrage
    Observed Effects: Fires several small rockets with an average spread. Rockets deal less damage individually but more total damage as a group.
    • Flamethrower:

Ability Name: None Given
    Observed Effects: Holding right mouse button creates a gas cloud that ignites when button is released or left moused button is pressed. Moving weapon while button is held down creates more clouds, it is possible to make a trail and have them ignite at the same time Cloud dissipates if right mouse button is held for too long. Very small Energy Cost when right mouse button is pressed, no Energy Cost for holding it down.

• Sniper Rifle
    Ability Name: Piercing Shot
    Observed Effects: Fires bullets the pierce through enemies.

Observed Effects: An AOE projectile is launched at an arc from the weapon, the projectile explodes on contact with creatures and objects in the environment. If the weapon has an elemental effect the projectile will also. It has a higher Energy Cost, has a slower Rate of Fire and does high Damage.

• Shotgun

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    ImHereForTheMods likes this.
  2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Please don't double-post, edit your post instead (if no one replied in the meantime). I've merged your posts for you.

As far as the wiki goes, data from the game assets is automatically uploaded on a regular basis. It's more a matter of making pages that use this data and show it in a clean, organized fashion. Kudos for noticing a gap and wanting to fill it, though. :) Just letting you know that you may wish to focus your efforts on the "big picture" part of things (lists, tables, organization, etc) and leave the tedious data extraction/conversion to the wiki bot.

3. Dragonburger

Yeah, I was going to ask about my double posting and if there was a list already, thank you very much for fixing that for me and for the advice.

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I don't believe a master list for alternate weapon abilities exists yet, but the data for them probably already exists on the wiki where the rest of the data is (in the Data namespace). I'd have to double-check if that type of asset is part of the automated uploads yet or not, the bot it still a work in progress and doesn't handle 100% of the game data yet (just the asset types players are commonly interested in, like items and objects, plus a few others). Ultimately it will handle every aspect of the game data, but for now functionality is added to deal with data "on demand" as it's needed on the wiki (plus as the game restructures its assets the bot has to be updated for it as well). Again, I'd have to check to see if that particular asset type is already being handled (if not, it can be added, probably should be added anyways).

Of course, you're feel to make your own list on the wiki if that data isn't being auto-uploaded yet, but I just wanted you to be aware of the wiki bot so you didn't spend hours doing the tedious kinds of things it can do in a few minutes. It doesn't try to do much with the data though, so a human needs to decide how to filter, organize, and show the data.

@Katzeus could probably provide you with a bit of direction if you're interested in performing such tasks on the wiki. He's the one with the roadmap. :p
    (By Data namespace, I mean any page with a Data: prefix, like this one or this one. If you click "view source" then you can see there's more data that isn't displayed by the default template.)

5. Dragonburger

Ok, thanks for the information. I'll talk to Katzeus.

6. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

This is definitely information that needs organizing on the wiki -- I don't think weapon alt abilities are properly outlined.

The wiki is under maintenance right now for a software upgrade, but I should have that wrapped up by tomorrow. Feel free to jump in an fill in any gaps in info you think are missing. Like Dunto said, there's a lot of data available if you want to have lists of stats, or even item/weapon pages that can automatically update. That's mostly just to save time instead of trying to manually maintain data. Things like weapon abilities need people to actually write physical descriptions still, but some things like lists can be generated automatically.

Give me a ping if you need a hand with anything!

7. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

There are several more secondary abilities, such as Piercing Shot (Only appears on Sniper Rifles. Exactly what the name implies), Rocket Barrage (Which is a Rocket Launcher secondary fire mode that makes it shoot a lot of small rockets that in total deal more damage than the primary fire).
    Also, some secondary fire modes can appear on several kinds of weapons, such as Grenade Launchers, which can appear on Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, and Assault Rifles.

8. Dragonburger

Thank you very much, I added that information.

9. BillyBobson

BillyBobson Void-Bound Voyager

The bow can alt-fire a volley of arrows, hope that helps :)

10. NovaKid15

NovaKid15 Space Hobo

What about guided rocket for rocket launcher? My personal favorite