We should be punished for stealing. Especially with the 1.0 launch.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Treblig1995, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Treblig1995

Treblig1995 Void-Bound Voyager

I mean, you walk into a Apex town, and you just turn off a machine with guards around it and now you can take anything without consequence? That makes getting money way too easy. There should be a sort of wanted system for stuff like this, maybe a special shop in the outpost to pay of your own bounty.

Different bounties for different races, for example, if you run afoul with an Apex village, and other planet with Apex stuff on it will remember your bounty and attempt to collect with your life, but if you run into a friendly florian village, they won't care.

Another thing that needs to be nerfed in price is Thorn fruit. A single planet full of these things nets you way too much money. It's just too easy when your first starting out in a galaxy with a planet like that.

Shadow Wolf TJC and Graham Gygax like this.
  2. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Perhaps, whenever the player removes some blocks or furniture from a village, the entire village would go into uproar over your thievery! Guards all over the dungeon would start shooting you on sight, while villagers would attempt to run away from you when you get too close to them!

3. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

on the other hand, what if you don't want their stuff, but you also don't want their quaint little village taking up space on your terraformed world? i kinda wish there was a way to get them to move, possibly into accommodations you built. i always feel guilty about destroying towns, and i don't usually want or need any of the blocks/decorations/pixels/whatever...i just don't want them where they generated. the colony system is ok, but it'd be interesting if you could gather existing colonists/inhabitants from any planet and move them into your own constructions on any other planet, rather than spawning new people. maybe as an option when you're talking to them, have them follow you? or give you an item to spawn them? or have the village leader (if such a thing exists) sell you an item (with cost scaling based on the number of inhabitants of the village) and upon you buying it they all despawn and the village's structures crumble and disappear? or maybe just some % of them disappear while the rest lies as dropped items on the ground for you to gather? and then when you place the spawn item, it tells you how many habitations you have to make to accommodate everyone, and then when that number of suitable rooms (with the same requirements as colonists...bed, lamp, door, walls, etc) is detected within a certain decently large distance, the townspeople spawn and go about their business in their new home.

and if you don't get the town spawn item that way, and just bulldoze their village and take their stuff like usual, you get flagged as hostile to whatever race they are and all members of that race everywhere (except the outpost and areas like that) attack on sight until you pay off some bounty like you mentioned. and maybe add like....roving bands of penguin bounty hunters intent on collecting your corpse, so that just not visiting (for example) a glitch town is not a foolproof defense against your crimes.