WCIF: Grass Path that matches the environment

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Avilea, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Avilea

Avilea Intergalactic Tourist

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I didn't see any place else to post WCIF (where can I find?) requests.

I'm looking for a mod that adds grass, or a grass path that matches the environment grass (not the grass that gives you hay to feed the animals, but the short "painted" grass you see around the world). I would also like it to change with the seasons, but that might be asking too much.

I know about this mod here, but the download links are broken, and I didn't see if anyone was taking over support for it or not since the mod author hasn't been seen for almost 2 years: https://community.playstarbound.com...ny-many-retextures-example-grasspaths.109701/

I've also found some outdated mods on nexus that change the entire world's yellow dirt to grass, which isn't really what I want because that just looks silly, as I would like to see dirt in some areas.

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Considering that that post has the pngs in it, you could just make your own by extracting the paths and overlaying them.

• Avilea

Ok, how do I extract the paths and do I need any kind of special program to do it? And silly question perhaps, but that picture has several different paths in it, how do I get just the one for grass out of it?

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, you'd have to use XNBExtract. The other paths are because all of them are on the one file. If you have other paths, just put the image down on top in a program like Gimp or Photoshop, and delete the rest. Here is a tutorial on it.
          https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Editing_XNB_files

I actually, I don't know if you do use custom paths or not, but either way, I could do it for you. Just let me know. :)

• thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, avilea, I followed the link you gave and the download links worked for me.

• Avilea

Thank you! I tried the download link again and I was able to download it now too.