Modding Help Ways to Generate Location-specific Dialogue in a Content Patcher Mod?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by plumprumps, Jan 4, 2019.

1. plumprumps

plumprumps Big Damn Hero

I'm trying to overwrite an existing character with a new one using Content Patcher. I've had success with 90% of it, but when trying to edit the schedule to include location-specific dialogue, I've hit a wall.

I have tried:

• Editing the schedule itself in my content.json to include the message:
    "Tue": "800 ElliottHouse 6 7 0/1100 SeedShop 10 20 0\"...D'you think I should do potatoes tonight, or cabbage?$7\"/1730 ElliottHouse 7 7 2/2100 ElliottHouse 1 5 0/2400 ElliottHouse 13 4 1",​
    • Editing the Strings/schedules/Elliott and then referencing it like the original schedule xnb does:
    {​
    "Action": "EditData",
    "Target": "Strings/schedules/Elliott",
    "entries": {
    "Tue.000": "...D'you think I should do potatoes tonight, or cabbage?",
    },
    },
    ----------
    "Tue": "800 ElliottHouse 6 7 0/1100 SeedShop 10 20 0 \"Strings\\schedules\\Elliott:Tue.000\"/1730 ElliottHouse 7 7 2/2100 ElliottHouse 1 5 0/2400 ElliottHouse 13 4 11",​
    • Editing the dialogue itself to include a location key:
    "Action": "EditData",
    "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/Elliott",
    "entries": {
    "SeedShop_10_20": "...D'you think I should do potatoes tonight, or cabbage?$7",​

SO FAR, the only successful method has been the last. However this is not a perfect or even preferred workaround as it eats up the dialogue for the entire day, meaning the player will miss out on a lot of dialogue instead of having both the daily dialogue and the location-specific dialogue!

Is there anyone who knows a for-sure method to get both daily dialogue and location-specific dialogue when using content patcher like this?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

So...was this solved, or...? Because I can take a look at the content.json for the middle one and see if I can get it working.