1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED WaveDiver Luthier + RealKeys (instrument pack / revamp) 3.5

A complete revamp of the stock instruments plus 28 new instruments. WaveDiver seal of quality!

1. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on a future update?

2. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I've had to hack and chop the mod to make it function in game

3. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

The instruments are so cool. I love the hangarang and the Bard. I'd sure like if maybe there was individual mods for the instruments. :p

4. Alex WaveDiver

Alex WaveDiver Pangalactic Porcupine

Heya!

I'm busy with another mod just now (sssh, it's a surprise!). I'm also working on making Luthier compatible with the latest Starbound version. (Here's the first tier of the upgradeable Luthier crafting table!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Hywther, Agoraphobian and bk3k like this.
  5. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

OH MY GOD HE IS ALIVE!!!! AAAAAAA

Alex WaveDiver likes this.
  6. Dragon_Tom005

Oooooo~ it looks like a station where you'd have to bring certain instruments to combine them :eek: I always felt like some of them were multiple put together. such as the bard and stinger.

7. Alex WaveDiver

Yup, alive and kickin'!

[​IMG]

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  8. Dragon_Tom005

9. Alex WaveDiver

Sorry for the late, late reply (God, a whole year...) :(

Haha yeah! I use both real musical instruments and household objects, synths, and post-processing filters. The chromabell, for example, has been sampled from a bunch of metal tubing and a drumstick, and then post-processed (I actually did some work as a freelance developing sound libraries)

I can re-sample it with higher quality and send it to you, compiled in a sf2 file or a kontakt library, if you wish :D

10. Alex WaveDiver

Alex Vixgeck updated WaveDiver Luthier + RealKeys (instrument pack / revamp) with a new update entry:

WD Luthier + RealKeys for StarBound Stable (Compatibility Update)

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

12. Alex WaveDiver

Hi everyone!

I was thinking about how players would like to get new instruments in-game.

- Tiered table (so you can throw there a silicon board, some copper wire and a battery to upgrade it and get synths, for example)

- Tech tree (You can research techs and instruments your own way. Quick and dirty mockup: http://i.imgur.com/qGkkEDs.png )

- None, just a plain single crafting table with every instrument available from the very beginning

What do you think? :hylotl:

13. Dragon_Tom005

Wow that's cool. I like the idea of having a tech tree... how would you unlock certain things? :DD

14. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I DEMAAAAAND A ROCKER GUITAR TO SMASH MY OPPONENTS FACE WITH AND TO SLAM SHOCKWAVES OF METAL BADASSERYYYYY! if thats doable that is

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  15. Alex WaveDiver

Maybe by quests, or by researching previous techs (percussion -> metal crafting -> strings -> piano). I'm still thinking about how to make it work lookandfeel-wise :(

16. Dragon_Tom005

oh! that would be very unique. if you could unlock a blueprint via quests. but i think it would possibly have to be new quests of their own... such as an npc at the outpost, for example.

17. Dragon_Tom005

Hold up!
    ... I made a bard!
    [​IMG]

18. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

I liked that feature on his earlier versions, too. In that case, he could design a unique sprite for his NPC and store on the Outpost.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  19. Dragon_Tom005

Perhaps it would be possible to have blueprints to craft said instruments. which could require certain tiered items/materials :DD

20. Alex WaveDiver

Merry christmas, everyone!

I'll add a store further in development (with quests, unique instruments and such). But for now, let me introduce you the upcoming tiered table:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dragon_Tom005, Oddbrother and Hywther like this.