Water Filters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chloraphorae, Feb 23, 2019.

1. chloraphorae

chloraphorae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We need a mod that adds a "water filter". The filter would be placed in water like a crab pot, but collects and stores trash items each day. Grand completion would be removing said trash items from the fishing list wherever the water filters are located.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

"remove trash"? hmm, nah
      we have a profession for it, and i'm sure many would love to have at least soggy newspaper for cloth
      although it'd be nicer if you wouldn't find trash when you need to catch 1 or more certain fish for a quest, but still keep the profession(s) to make fish worth more, hmm

• nekoCrimson

nekoCrimson Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe instead of being placed freely in any body of water it could be placed on the farm, since (except for the riverland map) there's a much higher chance of trash than fish there. It could just change the chance of trash vs actual fish to be closer to the default in other maps, so that it doesn't nullify the profession. And maybe make it mid-game or late-game for the same reasons.

Alternatively, it could just be a crab pot for trash without the other effects, and then the crab pot can be improved to give less trash (not necessarily more fish, but then it would feel like more fish so everyone wins anyway)

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well now that we have auto-grabbers for animals, fishing surely needs some kind of automatization too.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

what about some item that you use like a crab pot, that you can take with you, put in the water, and you won't get trash from fishing in that area?
            either you won't get it at all, or that item takes them, so you can recycle them.... i won't mind either way

• WilliamZ

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

this is in suggestions, not request mod
              also, automate does NOT automate fishing, and i meant some crab pot kind of item that makes you NOT fish any trash while it's in the water
              fishing.... NOT crab pot usage

• WilliamZ

I only tried to help, calm down, the modding community of Stardew isn't big, I think that it's a shame that console don't have mods, a lot of mods are quality upgrades, personaly I don't use Automate but maybe it will be of the topic creator interest.
                Automate works on crab pots and they are fish, you can use it to craft Quality Fertilizer in the same way.

I remember that I suggested fishing nets and boats in the past without success, I strongly agree that all the professions should be automatizated for endgame.