REQUEST Water-Filled Gorge SVE Compatible Map

Discussion in 'Mods' started by asmothstotheflame, Jul 8, 2019.

1. asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

This should be easy enough. I'll get back to you in a second with it.

• .Lavender.

Alright, tested it and works fine, it seems.
      Go to "[TMX] Stardew Valley Expanded Locations" and let this file overwrite the two in there.

Attached Files:

• asmothstotheflame

Awwwwww yeah! Thank you so much!

• asmothstotheflame

Ok, so I ran around and it looks great! The only oddity that I ran across is that the trees and grass normally added by SVE is missing from the mountain map only. IS there a way to fix that? I know that there is my [FTM] folder that has the setting for this.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I installed this also and everything looks as it should, except for a couple tiles under the quarry bridge(I'm in winter), no missing trees or grass on any of the maps. I'm even using Animated Festive Trees and it all works together.

• asmothstotheflame

Do you have SVE installed with its corresponding [FTM] folder? If so, I don't know why my grass and extra trees (beyond vanilla placement) aren't appearing. Any ideas? I see no errors in my SMAPI log.

• asmothstotheflame

Here is the path between the farm and the mountain. The trees and grass appear as they should. Next is the Mountain as it appears with no grass or extra trees.

• asmothstotheflame

Plus, I just noticed the graphical overlay of the tree in the mountain entrance area.

• Moragaine

Yah, you have something else interfering there, hard to say just from the pictures..

• asmothstotheflame

I absolutely agree, but this only occurred once I installed the [TMX] folder Lavender made. Prior to that, the mods all worked fine. Is there anything else I can obtain, from SMAPI or otherwise, to help find the issue? I've attached a screenshot of my Mods folder in case you can see anything that would conflict but not create a SMAPI error. For now, I changed back to the original [TMX] folder from SVE.

Attached Files:

• .Lavender.

Have you tried using world_bushreset in the console?
                        I honestly do not know. I was in Summer, I think, when I tested it.

Looking at the pics, seems to be something else and not me. I didn't touch the backwoods map, or that side of the mountains.

• asmothstotheflame

I even used it on a fresh install with ONLY SVE and its dependencies and your edited map. I really appreciate what you did for me, either way, so thank you again. I don't know what could cause it. Maybe Starblue? I'll eliminate what I can to figure it out.

• asmothstotheflame

Alright, so I got the grass and trees to be alright, but that static tree overlay is still occurring. The only mods in my folder are the SVE and its dependencies. Any ideas? I attached my screenshot of the overlay and my Mods folder.

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

That is odd. Are all your mods up to date? Have you ever used any xnb mods? What happens if you take out the files Lavendar edited and put back the originals?

• asmothstotheflame

All of the mods are up to date, I downloaded everything a little over an hour ago. I deleted everything, reinstalled SDV, SMAPI, CP, and the SVE mod with its dependencies. Then, I replaced the folder with Lavender's files and that tree overlay was there although the grass and extra trees worked fine. I am not using any mods outside of what you see in the screenshot. If I download the SVE files and replace them again, the map stays the same on the save file, but corrects to the base SVE map when starting a new file. SVE does require an XNB file for the Town.xnb to be replaced in the vanilla system files, but I didn't know if that would effect it. I did, however, skip DL'ing Starblue for now.

• Moragaine

No, the town.xnb wouldn't affect any of these maps.. You could ask for assistance in the modding channel on the SdV discord, someone there might have an idea about what's happening.

• Moragaine

@.Lavender. I had to open the map file, but there is a problem with the one big tree in the area next to Linus's tent. Even in Tiled there are 2 trees trying to occupy the same spot.

• asmothstotheflame

Yeah, they found it in the Discord chat, too.

• asmothstotheflame

@.Lavender. , were you able to accomodate the map issue? I'd still love to use the map.