1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Was I a jerk?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Laida, Aug 18, 2017.

?

Am I?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Kind of

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Laida

Laida Void-Bound Voyager

You know those shadow guys? The ones that appear on dark biomes? The ones who don´t talk at all? If you do:
    Was it racist to think they were weird mobs and try to trap one? And then kill them because I got angry? Because steam gave an achiviement that says yes. :catlol:

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

To be fair, I accidentally killed one the first time I encountered them. I'm guessing they're deliberately made to look evil, so the player gets a fright, attacks them, and receives the Villain achievement.

Waffle-Chan and Laida like this.
  3. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

See let's be honest it's no worse than the numerous Avian village I have burned to the ground, and ensured there were no survivors, So my answer is "Kind of".

Laida likes this.
  4. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

kinda sucks they didn't leave behind any wings though, huh?

The Squid and Laida like this.
  5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I only got that one by accident, and being forced to do so... Back when was easy to kill villagers, right before release. I had to off a couple guards because of a quest that over did scientists. I lead them to the guards and realized I was being attacked by the guards as well the quest apes... Suffice to say I never finished that quest and had to abandon it after offing the scientists & the very guard that gave me the quest. Must have died a couple times trying to fend off the sheer amount of scientists... ><

Those guys I have accidentally killed before as well, getting in combat with the hive people that were next door to the small biome...

6. Goncorer

Goncorer Void-Bound Voyager

I got that achievement because... I... I found a frog village and I thought "What happens if I kill you?" so yeah... oops... (I whipped him to death btw. Horrible I know...)

Laida and ruddthree like this.
  7. ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

I did the exact same thing, except by accident.

Laida likes this.
  8. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

are foreigners coming to you, trapping and killing you a nice thing? would you call them jerks? theres your answer.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Laida likes this.
  9. JackAfrica

JackAfrica Orbital Explorer

Did the same thing on accident as well.:cry:

10. Umbrilla

Umbrilla Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nah, I massacred 2 Avian villages, A Floran Village, 3 Frog Villages. No big deal.

I get really bored sometimes so I go out mass murdering everyone in a village just to sell whatever they got to a merchant. Yes I murder the merchants too. Did I also forget the time where I murdered a friendly Hylotl? I think I've gone to far. Did I?.. Nah...

11. Ony126

Ony126 Void-Bound Voyager

To be honest, when you hover your crosshair over one of those shadow people, their life bar appears on screen like hostiles' do. As far as I know, only them and the Deadbeat guys do that despite being "friendly" (among the humanoids).

I hadn't yet discovered that when I first encountered them, so a few of them got some lead...

12. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Fear not imperial citizen, you have righteously praised the Emperor in purging the vile xenos. :p
    You know its exterminatus time when you find that perfect flat land but Apex Aparts happent to be on it.

13. redxlaser15

redxlaser15 Big Damn Hero

Floran kill bad Apex in bad Apartments! Floran know they are heretics and floran hunt them! Floran sad they no drop meats, but floran okay with that, it was still fun. Floran once killed frog man by accident, but frog man smell good in flame thrower, so floran cook more frog men. Floran also found pretty plushies in fish-man village, fish-men get angry when I take them, so floran had to kill them. Cooked fish-man also taste good. Floran has bad tendency to break vases, and other floran hate when I do that, so floran sadly had to kill other floran. Floran smell less good when cooked so floran not be cannibal. Floran is a Protector, but it is hard to be a Protector when people get mad a floran! Silly peoples want to fight floran and it make floran feel like bad person. :_(

14. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Yes you are and now you need to go to space jail!

... na atleast 50% of everyone did this and they didn't make it better that those eggs heads took some time before they attacked so it would looked they here harmless at first and most people wheren't gonna wait around and see if those shadow guys did the same.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  15. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

It always irritates me when someone thinks "What happens if I attack you?" and then they kill that person and then they freak out and my only response is "Well what did you think would happen?"

16. redxlaser15

Floran think Eevee taste good when hunted with fire-breathing stick. Floran also think food should not say stupid comments. Floran has idea! Floran hunt Eevee to get rid of stupid comments! Floran is best hunter and best at strategy! *Stabs @PyreStarite excessively and suddenly turns this thread into RP*

17. Umbrilla

You wouldn't stab me though. (Hopefully). Anyways, I kinda may have slaughtered a Floran village. Oh, and my friend destroyed one for some kind of special wood.

18. redxlaser15

Floran not know what @Umbrilla meat tastes like. Floran curious, but floran not hunt since it is good hunter and hunt evil florans. Umbrilla-thing save red's friends from evil florans, so maybe Umbrilla can be friend? Floran be Umbrilla-thing's friend if Umbrilla give note to person next to floran! Could just hand over note, buuuuuut, floran too tired right now; just hunted silly Eevee and is very tired now. However, mouth is not tired so red wonders if Umbrilla-thing knows why floran is named red? Floran tell why if Umbrilla give note too!

19. Kruhl Sentru

Kruhl Sentru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If it makes you feel better, my away team are also total jerks. I've always left the shadowy people alone (aside from attempts to communicate), but the one time I have my away team, they went killed some of them. I guess that's one way to get the achievement.

20. Umbrilla

Get some rest and hand over the note yourself.
    I'm outta here.
    *Beams up*