Wars and Village raids

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by HomeSkillet, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Commander Benny

Commander Benny Phantasmal Quasar

How about it's not just races but you also have to defend villages from other things like bandit attacks or even worse, SPACE PENGUINS!!!!:eek:

2. Commander Benny

NEW IDEA!!! what if you could build village defenses as in archer towers, ballistas, and catapults!

3. ZacheryLawshe

ZacheryLawshe Void-Bound Voyager

Umm, I like the whole "Building defenses" idea, but the best route for this to go would be mostly automated turrets and guards in order to keep the flow of the game in the direction of Sci-Fi.

4. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

OMG YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

5. Commander Benny

sci-fi? sci-fi!?! due this game is all over the place! those birds are Egyptian, the plants are tribal, the robots are medieval for Tiy's sake, and the star people are freaking space cowboys! I think that this idea is okay.

Desolator likes this.
  6. Commander Benny

on another note we need to start brainstorming team. here's my next idea. the village/who/whatever that sent you has given you the option to do whatever you please with the prisoners. now I do have some ideas for this but first i'd like to see some of yours. go on there are no wrong answers here.

7. Commander Benny

right guess it's up to me but I don't mind. how about the options are moral based? like maybe it good be true good, good, neutral, evil, pure evil. so for neutral you could just put them on village wide house arrest, and for pure evil you eliminate them all:viking:!!! and for good you could just do nothing and let them go about normal life.

Desolator likes this.
  8. Commander Benny

9. Desolator

sounds good. i'm thinkingg of maybe writing up some lore and stuff

10. Commander Benny

excellent. I had another idea. so there's this mod for mine craft called the millenaire mod or something and it helps you to build up villages and get relations with them and so on. maybe we should contact the guy who made it.

11. Desolator

maybe, although there are already villages implemented. if you mean that they give quests it will come at a later time

12. HomeSkillet

HomeSkillet Aquatic Astronaut

Wow. When I first made this I was all excited, but after a couple of weeks I kinda left it since it didn't get the response I wanted, so having it being implemented into the actual game while having little to no response would be unrealistic.

But now I come back and see that there are many replies and people adding in their own ideas. All I can say is keep going hopefully we can, just maybe, have this implemented into the actual game. :D

13. HomeSkillet

HomeSkillet Aquatic Astronaut

Well they did say in one of their reddit AMA's that raiding villages and killing everyone can be a way to get pixels. Brutal or not it is something people do for fun :)

14. Commander Benny

so home skillet, does our glorious page founder have any ideas?

15. silentstalker

silentstalker Orbital Explorer

i like the idea of defense but when it comes to games like starbound terraria and minecraft there is really no need for catapult to take down walls and stuff because you can easily chop through them with your pickaxe. so the only use for turrets is defense. but i think that the whole protecting villiges thing is a little much since there could be like 2 villages on a planet and what happens to them when your gone to another sector to mine? so i think that once you built a few spawners 10 maybe that the area around your beam down point be classified as a vllage and you have to defend it from things with guards or turrets.

16. Commander Benny

could you simplify this statement because I got none of that whatsoever. and this will probably be a mod anyways at the rate we're going so no sweat new guy.

17. silentstalker

silentstalker Orbital Explorer

i am saying that yes it would be cool but only if you had to defend your home base. and i was saying catapults and other seige weapons are useless for games like starbound because of picks and drills.

simplified enough?

18. Commander Benny

yes. and in starbound you can use Molotov cocktails which in real life are small scale fire bombs that have been around for one or two centuries so forget logic and remember fun!

19. Desolator

if only molotov cocktails can destroy wood and thatch blocks.....
    yeah, i'll have a talk with homeskillet about making this a mod

20. Commander Benny

you know what else could be in it? hirable mercenaries (cough cough benny's brigade cough)