1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Wargroove Release: Bugs and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shubeans, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Ivaer

Ivaer Space Hobo

I certainly didn't think I was being ignored, and I appreciate the response.

Yeah, for whatever reason when I put the playerprogress file or files back in it still behaved as though I had no saved data, so something must have happened (Steam Cloud sync, maybe? Not sure, I didn't turn it off until a bit of troubleshooting had already been done). Game works fine again now, and I've just completely reinstalled again just in case there were any lingering/hidden issues with those playerprogress files (since they showed no progress for whatever reason).

Thanks again for getting back to me!

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

How far into the game did you get? you could you try sending me over a zip of your save file for me, either to contact@chucklefish or DM me on Discord #shu4598 and I'll see if I can find anything on my side; although if it's back to the start for you, it might also be for me too.
      No harm in trying though :D

Ivaer likes this.
      • Ivaer

Ivaer Space Hobo

I really appreciate the offer, but I started over and have aaaalmost gotten back to where I was- right after the mission where Koji and Emeric recruit the dragons, I believe, and I deleted the corrupted files after I decided to do that. On second thought I should've kept them just in case you actually wanted to take a look, but that's what a bit of beer and great game will do- just HAD to start playing again. Now if only I could cancel move orders... ;D

Thanks again for your assistance!

• Phazz

Phazz Space Hobo

I found a bug in map editor. If you make a repeating event for end of turn (or beginning, doesn't matter) to add groove for medium charging characters (Sigrid, Ryota, etc), something in the background stacks it up, making the groove add up faster and faster.

This happens even if you make event that adds 0 groove or even substracts it. Substracting values under 10 makes this bug occur, but for substracting 10 or more it seems not to happen any longer.

For Sedge adding seems to work normally, as well as for Mercia, so I'm assuming the bug only occurs for medium charge speed characters (tested 3 out of 4 of them).

Testing this also revealed to me that for Valder (the only very fast charging character) the opposite happens. When you add groove, you will instead start losing it. The effect seems to stack up until -20 is reached per turn (so it negates any passive groove charging that would otherwise occur).

Oh and by the way, I have the Switch version.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
          • Hatkat

Hatkat Aquatic Astronaut

I have to add to the strangeness of 'repeat' events; I've tried to implement a recurring weather pattern (6 days sunny, 2 days rain) via counters and 'at the end of turn' (or beginning, doesn't matter) condition.

Instead of expected repeating of weather, the moment rain occured, the weather display started rolling all the way rightways, switching maybe few dozen 'rain' frames, before getting stuck. After that, every subsequent day had Rain weather. This probably means that the counter I use is rapidly adding to its value until reaching a maximum (is there any in the first place?)

Using the 'repeat' timer for repeating spawn of units is even weirder... isn't of planned 1 archer being spawned, the game spawned up to 5; four appeared first, moved, and that apparently triggered spawning of another Archer.

Is there something wrong with counters, or is there some hidden quirkiness about 'When: Repeat' that I (we?) don't know about?

EDIT: I've just made a little test using something that would be visible: Gold. I've used the same unit spawner but added an extra 'Modify Gold' event, adding 10 Gold to Koji's. After a turn has passed, it has added 80 gold to Koji's pool, meaning that the unit spawner (which spawns at the count of 4) triggered 8 times, at least. Why??

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
            • Willcot

Willcot Intergalactic Tourist

my games do not stop to bug it is unbearable malgres the many interventions on your part! I ask for a refund because I can not use the game

• VictorSke

VictorSke Lucky Number 13

Hi!

Maybe you already know this, but I would like to inform you about a mistranslation. There is an error into the Spanish description of the Ballista/Trebuchet.
                It currently says:

"Unidad tierra-aire de largo alcance que puede moverse y atacar en el mismo turno".

This translates to "Ranged ground-to-air unit that is able to move and attack in the same turn". As you can see, the part highlighted in red is not correct -these units cannot move attack the same turn! I think this may confuse new Spanish players and have to be corrected. I changed language to English and it clearly says unable to instead of able to. The correct Spanish text should read:

"Unidad tierra-aire de largo alcance que no puede moverse y atacar en el mismo turno".

This is the only error I spotted on Spanish translation -which, by the way, is very good.

I already commented it on Twitter, but I received no response, so I imagine that you didn't see it due to many mentions or whatever. If you saw it, then sorry for the double report :)

Thank you very much in advance!

• Shubeans

I don't understand at all. What's causing this issue, what's happening?
                  What platform are you on?
                  Are you getting error messages?

• Kiutogi

Kiutogi Big Damn Hero

So I seem to have encountered an issue that causes Wargroove to crash.
                    I'm playing on the Switch version 1.1.2 and it crashes within the Campaign Editor.
                    The step by step process to replicate it is:
                    Step 1. Select a stage in the Campaign with no triggers.
                    Step 2. Press X to maker a new trigger in either the conditions or actions tab.
                    Step 3. Press A to edit said trigger and delete it.
                    Step 4. With no trigger there, Press A to edit the non-existent, then the game will close due to a unexpected error.
                    I've been able to make the repeatedly do this just to make sure it wasn't just a one time incident.
                    Pictures included for the step by step process.
                    I just updated to Switch Version 1.2. (I didn't know there was an update.) The crash is still present.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
                    • Shubeans