1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Wargroove Release: Bugs and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shubeans, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

That was my mistake! That one is meant to unlocked at Elodie's Arcade.
    I'm going to put in a bug for text, as it's very confusing and should state 'play arcade to unlock this'!

• Shubeans

Heya, I'm unable to reproduce this. Were you using the Treb in any weather conditions as Windy will give any ranged attacks +1 to rage which might be what you were seeing.
      The same effects the enemy, if on the next turn the weather is Windy the range will have changed.
      If this isn't the case, could you send me a screentshot of what you are seeing, and I can try and work out whats going wrong

Thank you

• ktchall

ktchall Space Hobo

i cant download the game on xbox one or pc trough the microsoft store, i just says download cancel can someone help me

• serlancelot

serlancelot Space Hobo

So, I was checking out the Art Gallery (haven't unlocked anything) but I noticed that hitting up the Y-button to bring up the "intro" just crashes the game for me.

(Steam on the iMac)

• The Xbox version problem still exists - the error is not removed after restarting and reinstalling the game. Further, the same warning appears on PC, and I am also unable to play there once signed in, and it similarly loops over and over.

https://imgur.com/a/gxOmzR1

https://imgur.com/a/85lvWJL

Please fix this game, it is literally unplayable on Xbox in its current state due to a few bugs:
            - You ask for permissions, but don't state WHICH PERMISSIONS you require
            - The link to your EULA is not present, meaning we have to click "yes" without knowing what data you are collecting
            - There is no mention of the bug, and no way to click "no" without getting stuck
            - Once "no" is clicked, clicking "yes" later on both Xbox and PC will result in the game crashing over and over (link 1) and displaying a note about permissions on PC (link 2)
            - The reported fix above does not work
            - Microsoft stated that I needed to reach out to the developer directly to fix their own bugs, and that I could not get a refund

• Shaojiang

Shaojiang Space Hobo

Thanks man. On that note, I just finished the Arcade mode on all 14 characters on Hard, yet the Joystick Jostler Steam achievement didn't unlock. Am I missing something?
              All 14.jpg All 14.jpg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
              • Willcot

Willcot Intergalactic Tourist

hello at each launch of the game that bug and a message appears. I played 3 days and I can not play anymore How could I fix that?

Attached Files:

• log.txt
                    File size:
                    1.8 KB
                    Views:
                • NickEm

NickEm Void-Bound Voyager

* Not sure if this is a bug or a design choice, but it seems that you can't enter a transport unit if it is fully surrounded by friendly units / buildings. It seems bizarre that I need a free space to enter the transport from if my unit isn't actually going to _remain_ on that space.

* I also noticed that the health numbers below units disappear whenever a character is moving (both on my turn and during opponent turns). This can make it a bit harder to follow what is going on as it happens.

Both issues are on the Steam version of the game running on a Windows 10 laptop. Thanks again for all the hard work being done to curate and resolve bugs!

• OuendanCyrus

OuendanCyrus Space Hobo

[​IMG]
                    Crash happens when I'm trying to verify a custom map, always happens when I attempt to capture on Day 5.

• bimugen

bimugen Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

I got this error on steam. My laptop powered down in the middle of the game, closing it, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Willcot likes this.
                      • Willcot

I got the same bug

• Shubeans

Hey guys,
                          this error message means that the game has been corrupted. It occurs whenever the PC closes at the precise moment the game is saving.
                          If you go into AppData/Roaming/Chucklefish/Wargroove/Saves there should be two files called playerProgress and playerProgress.bak, move the playerProgress OUT of the folder (onto desktop or somewhere safe) and then rename the 'playerProgress.bak' to just 'playerProgress'
                          Accept the message that will appear.
                          And then try running the game again.

If the error message still appears please let me know and send your playerProgress over to me, I can see if I can fix it. If you don't want to do that, simply delete the file and it should be fine

• Shubeans

Hello!
                            Could you reproduce the issue, and then send me the Log file found in AppData/Roaming/Chucklefish/Wargroove
                            Thank you!

• Shubeans

Hello! Sorry for taking so long to respond to this.
                              What happens when you change the audio settings in Options to Headphones or Monaural, does the issue persist, or become worse?!

• Willcot

Hello he dont have playerProgress.bak and he move playerpogress in my folder and my game bug again

Attached Files:

• log.txt
                                    File size:
                                    1.8 KB
                                    Views:
                                • Shubeans

Oki, could you right click on Wargroove in steam for me, select Properties and then go to local files, and tell me what the 'Current content BuildID' number is at the very bottom?

Could you also send me your playerprogress file :)

• Willcot

ok the number : 3526896

Attached Files:

• Shubeans

That's been saved as a text file, and unfortunately I can't run that.
                                      If the error message is still appear, delete the whole 'Wargroove' folder and that should fix it all

• OuendanCyrus

OuendanCyrus Space Hobo

Yep, here it is!

Attached Files:

• log.txt
                                            File size:
                                            10.7 KB
                                            Views:
                                        • Cup Knight

Cup Knight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just saw this bug happen on someone's stream, except he got 0 seconds left. His turn got skipped and ended up losing because of it. It was pretty funny when it happened.

I've read online that some people think it's a crossplay issue. However, both the streamer and his opponent, in this case, were using the steam version.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019