1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Wargroove Release: Bugs and Fixes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shubeans, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya, I'm so sorry about this.
    If you go to AppData/Roaming/Chucklefish/Wargroove there will be a folder called 'cache' if you delete that, does it work again? If not, in that same folder remove the 'save' folder. It means you'll have to start again, but it might fix the problem (put the save folder in a safe location first before deleting it, just in-case removing it doesn't fix the issue)

please please please back the save file up first!

• Shubeans

Heya, sorry for the delayed reply.
      Could you tell me what your audio set up currently is? Maybe that could help narrow down this issue :/

• Cairn1111

Cairn1111 Space Hobo

I think I found my problem, I was using Virtual Audio Cable to manage my sound output. Disabling that and outputting directly to my audio device fixed it.

• some_guy_24

some_guy_24 Space Hobo

Can confirm my windows user name contained an ä.
          Game does appear to be working now. Thanks for the quick turn around. :)

• riikka

riikka Void-Bound Voyager

I have a couple of minor issues I've noticed while playing on Switch:

• Sometimes, pressing B during the opponent's turn causes the info screen for the tile that was selected at the time to appear.
            • While an animation on the map is playing, so the cursor is invisible, the cursor is still moved by the d pad. This causes the cursor to be in an unexpected location when it reappears.

• NickEm

NickEm Void-Bound Voyager

playing on Steam, Windows 10 PC, with a USB Logitech gamepad. I've noticed that if you order a unit to move somewhere, you can still move your cursor while they're animating (even though the cursor is no longer visible on-screen). I've found that I have a nasty habit of keeping my thumb held down on the d-pad during a movement animation (it must be some muscle memory I didn't realize I had from old Advance Wars games). When a character's movement finishes, my cursor might be halfway across the map and the camera will lurch to go find it. Not game-breaking, but certainly dis-orienting.

Thanks so much to everyone who is managing this thread and working hard to squish bugs! I'm so excited to finally be playing the game you all poured such effort into!

• FelisMajoris

FelisMajoris Space Hobo

Playing on Xbox One.

1) When in a multiplayer game I pressed the Xbox guide button and went to the home screen to check on something and the game crashed for all players in the multiplayer game.
                2) When playing 2v2 with fog of war on, I was unable to see my allies units as though we weren't on the same team. I know we were on the same team as I couldn't attack his units and we won together.

Maybe not bugs necessarily, but definitely not working the way they should:
                3) When fog of war is active, I can still see animations for the enemy, such as when they capture or build units so I can easily tell where they are on the map. I can also see money so it's easy to tell what units they buy. This defeats the purpose of fog of war.
                4) When using the custom content browser and downloading a map, the browser reloads the list and resets to page one. This is very annoying since I have to keep going back to the page I was on to download more maps.

• _s_e_r_

_s_e_r_ Space Hobo

Hi! Playing on switch on spanish.
                  1) Not sure if this is on your side or on the console itself, but the keyboard displayed whenever I want to input text is in English, so I can't use some Spanish characters that are otherwise used in your main campaign.
                  2) When editing a cutscene, there are specific sound effects that, when listened at selection, cause the map creation to crash with an error message (something about memory, I can't remember the exact issue right now) and the screen returns to the main menu. Luckily the map is saved, but I wasn't available to use those sound effects at all.

Note aside, I'm loving the game. Thanks for it

• Shubeans

This is a known issue I'm afraid, Magic Blast [1] and Small Explosion will cause the game to crash until the next patch!
                    I'll look into the English keyboard for you, I assume that you switch is set to Spanish?

• DekuG

DekuG Space Hobo

On the Switch version : I played until Act 1, Mission 2 yesterday. Saved the game and exit after the mission. I turned off my console completely and docked it. When I opened the game today, I was already in Act 1, Mission 3 at turn 17 when no one touched the console since. It's like the game kept playing on it's own when docked and didn't save when I stopped. Also, when I abandonned Mission 3 since I didn't start it myself, I had to restart Mission 2 like if it never saved.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
                      • Jason Thompson

Jason Thompson Space Hobo

Defect: Game crashes when coming back from sleep on non-primary Switch console.

Platform: Nintendo Switch

How to reproduce: Using a Nintendo Switch that isn't registered as the primary console, begin a battle in Wargroove. Put the console to sleep. Drive to your nearest local board game shop and hang out with friends for 3 hours (sleeping also works). Wake up Switch console and attempt to load the game. It will crash 9 out of 9 times.

• _s_e_r_

_s_e_r_ Space Hobo

Yes, my switch is set to Spanish.

• Gryphonblade77

Gryphonblade77 Space Hobo

I found a crash bug where I had set up a local multiple (P1 v AI v AI) with fog of war and turn timer. I was trying to get one more unit out of the barracks before the timer hit 0, so I was in the unit buy menu when it did. I think it tried to remove player control for the turn switch but couldn't because I was in that menu, or maybe I pressed a button at the same time it happened. Either way, it crashed. I'm not annoyed or anything, I was just messing around with multiplayer mode. Love the game so far!

• Jamulus

Jamulus Big Damn Hero

Hi.
                              I have encountered 2 bugs frequently on Steam/PC.

1. Turn Timer getting cut short in Online PvP
                              - this has happened at least 6 times now, across several time ranges from 90 seconds left to 40 seconds left.
                              - at first I thought perhaps I was clicking end turn on accident, but after the 3rd time it happened I can confirm there was no user input that prompted my turns to get cut short.

2. Tile Unit info randomly stops working during opponents turn.
                              - I've had several variations of this issue:
                              - Right Clicking to view info on units or tiles will stop working (most common)
                              - Left Clicking to view unit ranges will stop working, but can still access the menu
                              - Left Clicking stops working completely, even to see the menu
                              -All of the above, Right click and Left click cease to do anything
                              **It's important to note that these issues do not happen at the start of opponents turns, usually I can still Right/Left click at the beginning of Opponents turns, but 20+ seconds into their turn is when the input stops working.**

These are pretty annoying bugs, but I am loving the game.
                              *Edit*: The bug with Right/Left Clicking on the map to see tile/unit info and the menu is intermittent. Sometimes it stops working for 30 seconds, and then it works again.

i5 8600k
                              16gb RAM
                              GTX 980
                              Samsung 850 SSD

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
                              • Solitébre

Solitébre Space Hobo

There is a bug in the campaign editor mode of the game wargroove on Nintendo Switch when I create dialogs or I want to write something with an accent, I can not, because I can not put an accent! It would be nice to fix the bug please!

• cubomeca

cubomeca Aquatic Astronaut

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AND NOW I CANT PLAY EITHER. Feelsbadman
                                  Edit: please if you find a way to fix it tell me
                                  Edit 2: i tried deleting the"save folder" and it didn´t work :(
                                  Edit 3: pls devs i just want to play the game :(

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
                                    Willcot likes this.
                                  • Jamulus

Jamulus Big Damn Hero

Trebuchet Info says it has 5 range, when it can actually attack a tile 6 squares away.
                                    Also,
                                    On your turn, if you left click an enemy trebuchet, the range indicator shows 5 range, But on an enemies turn, if you left click that same unit, the range indicator shows 6 range.

Not sure if Trebuchet's are actually supposed to have 5 or 6 range, but the unit info, range indicators, and actual range need to be adjusted accordingly for consistency.

• Miclox

Miclox Space Spelunker

Hi! I don't know if this is the correct place to post visual bugs and language/grammar errors so sorry if this isn't the place.

(Nintendo Switch version)

1) Text out of dialog(One of the first chapter):
                                      I think that an image will be more detailed than an explanation so check the first jpeg.
                                      2) On the Spanish translation, the description of the ballista during a game says that it can move and attack on the same turn(What's wrong), but on the codex it says that it can't attack and move on the same turn(What's OK). On the in game description it says that the ballista is an air-ground unit, I understand what it wants to say but I don't think it's properly described.
                                      (I've attached another two IMG)
                                      I'm loving this game, so thanks for your effort ^^

Attached Files:

• Patoto

Patoto Orbital Explorer

I have a really big issue.

I'm playing on my Switch. When I select Multiplayer->Online, it loads the Multiplayer Games screen, but there are no games at all, it's empty, and I really doubt there's no one playing this awesome game.

I'll post a screenshot so you can see what I mean:
                                        [​IMG]

If I try to use the Host Game option, everything seems to work, but, no one ever joins my room, so I'm guessing people can't see the game I'm hosting either.
                                        [​IMG]

If I go back to the Multiplayer Games screen after creating a room, the only game that's on the list is the one I'm hosting.
                                        [​IMG]

But again, no one ever joins the room.

Weird thing is that Quick Play works fine, I can find people and play normally using Quick Play.
                                        I already tried deleting the game and re-downloading it, didn't work.

It's frustrating cause with Quickplay I can only play 1v1 games, and I want to play with more people.

I've googled this issue and I've found nothing, which seemed pretty weird to me considering this game is really popular already, so that gave me a hint to what may, or may not, be the cause of this.

I live in Costa Rica. With the Switch, you can't use the eShop if your switch's region is set to Costa Rica, so we usually just change the region to the US instead, and then everything works fine.
                                        Since I can't find any other person online having this issue, I'm guessing it's cause this only happens to people in certain third world countries which Nintendo doesn't have online support for.

It's only a vague guess though, the issue may have nothing to do with that. I can play other online games normally without problems, like smash or mario kart or any game, so maybe that has nothing to do with it.

Anyways, hope you guys can read this and help me out! I really want to enjoy this game to its fullest! Thanks!

• FelisMajoris

FelisMajoris Space Hobo

When starting a multiplayer lobby on a default map, even setting the rules to 2v2 won't let anyone change teams. We're stuck on teams 1-4 instead of two of us on each team.