Wargroove: All the units so far...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuardianJohnITA, Jan 14, 2018.

1. GuardianJohnITA

GuardianJohnITA Void-Bound Voyager

Here is a list of all the units of Wargroove caught and announced so far, along with their Modern War counterparts. Enjoy! :nuruhappy:

Wargroove Land Units
    -Soldier (basic infantry unit) ----> Infantry (from Advance Wars)
    -Spearmean (advanced infantry unit)----> Mech (from Advance Wars)
    -Archer (basic ranged unit) ----> Sniper (from TINY METAL)
    -Dog (recon unit) ----> Scout (from TINY METAL)
    -Mage (anti-air ground unit) ----> Anti Air (from Advance Wars)
    -Knight (assault ground unit) ----> Tank (from Advance Wars)
    -Ballista (anti-air ground unit) ----> Missiles (from Advance Wars)
    -Giant (uber ground unit) ----> Megatank (from Advance Wars)
    -Trebuchet (siege ground unit) -----> Artillery (from Advance Wars)
    -''Merman'' (amphibious infantry unit)----> Unknown
    -Wagon (ground transport unit) -----> APC (from Advance Wars)
    Wargroove Air Units
    -Balloon (air transport unit) -----> Transport Copter (from Advance Wars)
    -Harpy (basic air unit) -----> Duster (from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin)
    -Witch (anti-air unit) -----> Fighter (from Advance Wars)
    -Dragon (siege air unit) -----> Bomber (from Advance Wars)
    -??? -----> Gunship (from Battalion Wars)
    Wargroove Sea Units
    -Transport Barge (sea transport unit) -----> Lander (from Advance Wars)
    -Unnamned ship unit (basic sea unit) -----> Cruiser (from Advance Wars)
    -Unnamned turtle creature (anti-sea unit) -> Submarine (from Advance Wars)
    -??? -----> Battleship (from Advance Wars)

What do you think? You want to see more units on Wargroove? Feel free to leave a comment, fans of Wargroove and members of Chucklefish! :nuruhappy:
    Also I'm proud to say that black is one of the colors accessible for a player's team so there is a high chance for a fifth black faction to appear in the game :nurutease:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
      777JackOfBlades likes this.
    • Chizuru Minamoto

Chizuru Minamoto Subatomic Cosmonaut

More important than the number of units... I wonder what their special abilities will be (Like Archers can move but lose damage in doing so, the Cavalry can deal more damage if it travel its full lenght in a straight line and so on...)... And even more important, I really hope the AI will actually be able to take advantage of these, as in try to use their special abilities, not just get them on blind luck... (Unlike Advance Wars' AI which, although got upgraded with time... Still fell to the same old tricks... I'd say the only AI that wasn't as easy to beat was Grit due to his longer range... And the AI always fled from Grit if you made a wall of ranged units... Rarely saw actual attempts from the AI to fight that as well... But otherwise, the AI was easy to bait, and quite easy to crush, most of the time).

Oh and talking about Advance Wars... I never saw any AI ever buy an aircraft carrier... And its only because it was so costy they just never saved the money for it, they prefered to buy a 5th barge that they left on the beach, and didn't move for the whole match, or buying yet another submarine even though you haven't built, or even owned a single ship in the entire game, but the fact boats are a thing they waste money on useless ressources... hope that's also a thing that wont happen too often in Wargroove (The AI wasting its money on weak units, or ones that are not adapted to the situation... Isn't it Bazooka spam because my base is invaded and I have only 3 units left...).

• GuardianJohnITA

Uh hello? They have special abilities, called in reality passive abilities (the Soldier deals more damage when adjacent to their Commander, the Archer deals more damage if they don't move during the turn, Spearman deals more damage when fights alongside another Spearman, same for the Dog if is alongside another Dog unit).
        Uhm, Chucklefish didn't release other gameplay footage for quite a while so perhaps they spent this time working on the AI, while Jay Baylis shows to us the units and the commanders we saw so far (he is one of the artists of Chucklefish so creating the design of the units and commanders of Wargroove and show them to us it's part of his job after all).
        The good news is that Chucklefish finished their work on Treasure Adventure World and they plan its release on February 7 and the work with Pocket Rumble and The Siege an the Sandfox goes well, so most of the team can concentrate on the development of Wargroove; after all, besides Starbound, Wargroove is the second game of their own production and, considering the success of Starbound, they surely want Wargroove to be another great success........am I right, Jay Baylis and all the members of Chucklefish? (us Italians know it very well, considering that Ubisoft Milan created an absurd but very funny turn based strategy game that won different awards as the best strategy game of 2017) :nurutease:

• Chizuru Minamoto

Yes, this is what I am talking about... I don't know why you sound like I said something horrible. We do not know the ability for every units yet, hence why I wonder what the other units will have, since I assume most, if not all units will have an ability... And hope the AI will actually try to use them effectively, and not just get them at random.

They probably want Wargroove to be a success (Else, why make a game? Asside from art or fun, but then you don't sell these if its your only goal :nurutease:), but lets not forget that Wargroove is a "small project", while they are looking forward to developping their unannounced game, which so far is known as "Spellbound".

• GuardianJohnITA

No, I just thought that you din't know that fact, that's all; but speaking of units, I wonder how powerful are that amphibious infantry unit and that advanced archer unit (for the Felheim Legion is like a necromancer with bone arrows, while the Cherrystone Kingdom is similar to the Archer but with a different hood), but I wonder why there is no perfect counter to the Dragon, because the wizard unit was saw attacking ground units unlike the Fighter unit of Advance Wars.
            ....if it was a small project then it wouldn't have left such a reaction to fans of strategy games.......and do not forget that they always like to upgrade even more their games (just think about Starbound) so it is most likely that even Wargroove will receive new units in the future after its release (the commanders are more than enough to my opinion)......about this Spellbound there has been a long period of silence about it so it is possible that is not their number one priority right now, leaving much more of their resources with Wargroove, because so far we still don't know not even half of the basic info of Wargroove. :nurutease:

• Chizuru Minamoto

It is a small project in the sense that its not a game they will release in 4 years. Its a short term project, afterall, they had at first aimed at a release toward the end of last year/early this year, which may or may not hold. They already said once that basically, they had both ideas for games, and decided to do both, but Wargroove is kinda a "quick" project, while Spellbound will be more like Starbound, a game that takes more time to finish.

• GuardianJohnITA

uhm......Touché :nuruhappy:.......Chucklefish knows very well that Wargroove will be mostly built by is fans of old games like Advance Wars, considering that they are giving to us the chance to modify or create campaigns as we please......and I'll take this chance to create Wargroove: The Dark Conflict :nuruhappy:.....I just hope it won't take too long that's all.........

• Chizuru Minamoto

Oh I'm sure that, unless they decide to melt down the code to redo it like they did with Starbound, the game probably wont take too long to release from now. Just have to be a little patient. And hey, they wanted to make Wargroove because of the lack of Advance Wars games since Dark Conflict, and although I am not too happy about the asynchronous multiplayer (Because I've had really bad experiences with it, thank you Frozen Synapse), I'll still enjoy playing a game that's aiming to be like AW, wether it be with players or with bots (Hence why I hope the AI wont fall for too easy tricks).

• GuardianJohnITA

Then you should try the Great Little War Game series of Rubicon Develpment or the Battalion trilogy (Battalion Nemesis, Battalion Ghosts and Battalion Vengeance) of Kongregate.......those games are surely similar to Advance Wars and I spent a lot of fun on those games......speaking of Advance Wars......I bring an old boy with a new style........

We go to war......with rock!:nuruwink: