RP War of the Gods

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Zamorak789, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Zamorak789

Zamorak789 Spaceman Spiff

Current war status:
    One battle has happened, leaving the armies almost completely destroyed. The village and surrounding area are charred, but still there.

Enemy status:
    Amount of world they own: 80% (No, we didn't take 10%. Keep that in mind.)
    Army size: About 4.5 billion

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. Fencer

Fencer Phantasmal Quasar

There were not many of them left, the Judicarae, and those who had survived to this point were in no position to fight, much less strike out against the Chaos. Given time, those left would recover and revive their order -- if they survived the coming onslaught. Antari knew all too well that to save those he had come to call his brethren, he would have to abandon them here. There was no other choice. While his compatriots were strong and brave, and their accomplishments many and great, at the end of the day, they were but humans, and while this fight called for all those who were able, they were not like he. They were not Nephelem.

"But-- Antari!" Roderik protested, stepping foward, "You know we are willing to follow you, even to our deaths!"

"That is precisely why I must go on my own path, Roderik," Antari somberly placed a hand on his comrade's pauldron, "I will not throw your lives away. This garrison is strong, and many are willing to fight, but do not know how. You need to stay here, and hold this castle against them. I cannot be everywhere, and these people need your expertise."

Roderik turned his gaze to the ground. "But our fallen brothers..."

"I know," Antari spoke somberly, "They will be avenged. For now, let us insure their sacrifice was not in vain. This is the last bastion against Chaos. It cannot fall. If we lose here, if we are not victorious -- we have no future. That is why I need you all here."

There was quiet after this. They knew the wisdom in Antari's words, even if the taste of it was bitter. There where no words for Antari as well -- this was the second time he would have to leave his family behind. He thought it would be easier this time around, but his presumption proved false. In silence, he turned, and made his way to the commander's tent. He approached Zack, standing at attention.

"I hear," Antari said, handing Zack a scrolled piece of parchment, "That you are in need of Nephelem."

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    GravityFlux likes this.
  3. Zamorak789

Zack gave a quick smirk. His eyes were bright blue, like a flash of lightning. He grabbed the paper, studying it for a moment, then putting it on a table to his right. "Looks good enough to me, I don't care much for documentation." He said, chuckling a little. He started walking forward, motioning Alkire to follow. "Right. So in order to join the Nephelem force, you must fight me first. No, I don't expect you to win. I expect you to show me your not worthless. You can chose what kind - Magic only, unarmed, weapons only, et cetera." He finished. In front of them was a large circle of sand, surrounded by a trench higher than Zack. On two sides opposite each other were stairs up to the arena.

4. Fencer

Fencer Phantasmal Quasar

Antari gave a soft chuckle. "Apparently, you think I am likely to lose," Alkire said, following Zack to the arena. "Why would we limit ourselves to just one of our abilities? Our enemies certainly would not show us that courtesy, why should we then hold back? Of course, unless you are afraid I will seriously injure you." With a smirk, he moved toward the stairs down to the arena floor, unsheathing his blade and readying himself for combat.

"I am ready," Antari said, holding his sword in a high guard, "I shall let you make the first move."

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    GravityFlux likes this.
  5. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

In a land besieged by its Maker itself, there is no hope. That, is the motto of a man whose very existence is worthless to himself. However, sometimes, such a thought process ends in a shame filled lifestyle, leading to a motivation, a light to see the way out of a pointless existence. And although the path may end, it is still relief from a fate worse than death itself. Such is Man, or Nephelem, as you may call it. The narration of this pathway, and one of its walker, will not be one to miss.

In the last bastion of resistance, the last paragon of good in the world, the last stronghold of justice against evil, Castle Nephelem, a man in patchwork armor made from those of fallen, stood in the hustle bustle, watching as the great General Zack Unisaki led an armored man, probably one of the Judicarae he'd seen arrive earlier, to the fighting ring. The man debated inwardly whether he should have done the same, or not. He stood alone, leaning against a wall, with his hands crossed. The people around him gave him a wary glance, noticing his armor, and his blade were just not right, and especially his blade, which emanated a sort of fear. However, any experienced soldier, were one to concentrate on him, would notice that his patchwork armor was made from the fallen of both sides, and on further inspection of his blade, they would realize that it was no ordinary blade. It was the blade of a Daedra, and a major one at that. However, fortunately for the man, no one cared to come near him, as they knew him for being an almost harmless drunkard who visited the bars everyday.

This man was Leonidas Strider, though Strider was not his real last name. The locals had given him the name to make up for the lack of knowledge about his last name, for they knew him to be a scavenger, and maybe a Nephelem.

Leonidas had made up his mind. He walked up forward, and yelled " YEAH, I'M A FUCKING NEPHELEM!" and then stepped back. Well, his inner turmoil had overdone it with him. He didn't want to say that out loud.

But he'd roll with it.

6. Zamorak789

Zack smiled. "Then beat me." He said, not even drawing his swords. Electricity buzzed around his body, crackling and smelling of sulfur. The sand around his feet liquidized, turning to glass from the intense heat of pure electricity. Several on-looking men cheered.

A man walked up to Strider, the emblem on his chest being a falcon. "I see you've got a form filled out. Zack is busy right now, I can review it if you'd like. We've got another arena too." He says, smiling. Something is off about his look. He seems like the type to be in heavy armor, although he's wearing bare clothing.

7. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Strider nearly face palmed at his own failure to keep his own damn inner turmoil in. And he managed to make himself look stupid at the same time. Clap fucking clap. But now it was too late to back out. What else was there to do, but now become part of the army. Where would he rather die, anyways? In a bar, or where he was born to be, the battlefield? It was a no-brainer. He raised his hand, the ony holding the form, to his chest level, and with his grimmest face, he said "Well, yes, I'd prefer that, than waiting, and giving myself a chance to back out."

8. Zamorak789

The man takes the form, studying it closely. Suddenly it bursts into flames and burns to ash. "Good enough. Here's our arena." There was another sand circle like the one Zack was in. The man walked around and up onto the arena.

GravityFlux likes this.
  9. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Leonidas grumbled something about how he spent a while on that form, and followed the man. He jumped into the arena, and readied himself. "Well, I can't hope to defeat a battle hardened veteran, but I'm going to try then." He grabbed his backpack, took out a bottle, took a drag from it, and threw both the bottle and backpack out of the arena. " I'm ready. Lets get this done"

10. Zamorak789

The man smiled. He didn't move. There was a katana sheathed to his side, he grabbed the handle and pulled it out. "Come at me, then." He said.

11. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Leonidas sighed, and drew out his longsword. The red and black ornaments of the Daedric blade seemed to absorb the light, rather than reflect it, and it emanated a wave of ........ evil, as if it was not to be wielded by a mortal living being. He blinked, and rushed forward with his blade in one hand, and his left arm running through the sand as he ran.

12. Zamorak789

"I'm Yuko, by the way." Yuko yelled, suddenly red colored energy started flowing like liquid around him.

13. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

"Ah, I see. Yuko." Strider yelled, as he threw the sand in his hand in the air, and brought down the blade as he came close to Yuko. The magic was either defensive in nature, or offensive. He'd find out soon enough.

14. Zamorak789

The magic hardened into a skeletal rib cage, the sword hitting flat against it as well as the sand being deflected off by upwards-flowing magic. Quickly a right arm formed, skeletal in nature, wielding a large sword made from the same energy. The gigantic sword came bearing down at Striders head.

15. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Quickly, like a snake, he brought down his blade, just barely in time to counter the huge blade. The blade managed to push him down, and he reinforced his counter with both his hands "Well, damn. Titan shit, I guess." he whispered to himself.

16. Zamorak789

The hand dissipated, changing to a thin rib cage to allow quicker movement. Yuko moved forward, slashing up with his katana.

17. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Leonidas jumped backwards, just in time to barely avoid the slash, or so he thought. The katana had actually made a cut in the patchwork leather armor, and giving him a long skin wound, though it wasn't serious in any manner. "Well, gods damn this."

18. Zamorak789

Yuko smiled. The rib cage got larger again, forming two arms now. One held a giant shield, the other a sword. The sword grew larger in length, then slashed sideways across the arena.

19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

"Well, in the name of the Gods, I swear, this is overpowered." Leonidas yelled, as he dropped down, and got up after the blade had gone over his head, and began to run.

20. Fencer

Fencer Phantasmal Quasar

Antari looked shocked for a moment as the ground itself failed him. "Well, that's certainly problematic," he jumped up immediately, aware that staying still was suicide. He can strike me at any distance with that lightning -- I have to close the distance! Thrusting a hand down. Below his feet, a small circle of yellow energy appeared, and Antari landed on it, readying himself. "Clever trick. My turn."

Antari ran forward, out of the ring of molten glass that Zack created. "I might lack the ability to strike at range," the Paladin roared as he charged, "But that has hardly ever stopped me from hitting those far away!" Antari brought his sword down at Zack, trying to use his sword's greater length to attack out of range of his longsword. This man was not evil, so imbuing his sword would be of no use, he knew -- he just had to use his magic for protection in this fight.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    GravityFlux likes this.