Modding Help want to help :D

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by wnchapin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. wnchapin

wnchapin Intergalactic Tourist

hi my name is Wyatt Chapin and i am new to the game but i like it so far and also i would like someone to teach me game design and game coding i am in high school and taking a game design class/coding class but cant seem to see what they are really doing i don't think we are doing anything in coding or game design but if you want to reply and help me if you want i don't care if you don't want to thanks for reading but i would like to help design the game with you if that's possible or at lest show me what how you did it and enplane to me thanks

2. MorpH

MorpH Subatomic Cosmonaut

You aren't going to learn game design here, sorry. You need to be able to code in the language you want and learn all that on your own or from schooling. This is really the wrong place to ask this. Chucklefish already has a team and they aren't going to let randoms see their code, but you can mod the game for now which uses the current JSON config files and Lua scripting language.

3. SciDragon

SciDragon Void-Bound Voyager

Game design is a long, arduous process. There's a reason many people go to post-secondary schools for up to (and exceeding) 4 years to study it. That said, learning to mod games, and learning programming on your own is a good way to get a head start on the long journey to becoming a game designer. It really takes hard work and dedication.

4. wnchapin

wnchapin Intergalactic Tourist

ahh ok thanks 4 the info