Walsorb

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by Dibidy, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Dibidy

Dibidy Stuck

[​IMG]
    There was once a planet called Dibid. The people in the planet lived a happy life until that one moment. Unknown flying objects wavered about in the skies. It was too late, explosions blasted everywhere. The Dibids fought back but it wasn't enough. Soon, almost all of the planet was wretched except for the central government, where all the resources and power of the planet were. While the country defended the entire planet, the leaders made a hasty plan on some kind of energy absorbent. They had group of scientists conduct experiments on test subjects, whether it'd be animals or humans.....they were desperate. The only organism capable of the experiment was a walrus. It was a risk, being that the government focused on that operation. It didn't pay off. Shortly, the whole planet was overwhelmed by the unknown enemy. The enemy abducted people and took whatever they can find, one of which was the experiment. They were all taken to a mothership, which was the size of a planet. It was a long journey to the Enemy's planet. Somehow, the experimental walrus glowed bright, then alarmingly bright. In a flash, energy bursted from the walrus. There were outbursts everywhere, the ship went astray. Several, mysterious, glowing entities were scattered across the universe.
    These entities are called Walsorbs.

Hey, I hope you enjoyed the backstory. I'll rush things out and talk about what a Walsorb is. A Walsorb [walrus+absorb=walsorb] is the result of an experiment between a walrus and a sponge. The government's plan was to make an energy absorber of some kind and they thought it would turn the tides. Well, in the end, at least the mothership crashed.

Walsorbs absorb/feed on energy. Because of that, they lack several organs. They were specially designed to absorb power.Their bodies are pretty much flexible. In fact, it was known that a Walsorb can swallow a mountain. Also, they are really good swimmers, like really good but they don't usually swim.

Walsorbs are intelligent, social, and sensitive animals. They quickly adapt to the environment they live in. They usually live in groups. Some Walsorbs tend to mingle with other animals.They are, after all, friendly creatures. The only way for them to communicate is by using their eyes since they lack ears and mouths. It was difficult at first but soon, they were used to it. The only thing they dislike are humans. It's like passed on to each generation since the time the scientists conducted the experiment.

There's no specific habitat for Walsorbs since they wander from place to place. They are somehow, rare or very uncommon. Some live underground mainly because if they live on the surface, they'll absorb all the energy from the sun. Some live by the seas. Some live in swamp-like environments. But it is likely that you can find one in places with cold climate.

When they absorb huge, uncontrollable amounts of energy, they explode. Tiny, glowing organisms are produced and this is how Walsorbs reproduce. From time to time, they seemingly mate with the opposite sex like a normal organism would do [poor creatures].
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the brain is very vulnerable at the top, so the Walsorbs made shells. These shells are what protects their brain. They are tightly packed substances which Walsorbs make using their stomach. Walsorbs grow fur when they mature enough but depending on the environment [eg. cold environments], some grow fur ahead of the others.

Walsorbs come in many varieities.
    Rock disguisee walsorb [well, not really a rock but]
    [​IMG]
    _______________________________________________________​
    Flowerback walsorb
    [​IMG]
    Grass disguise walsorb
    [​IMG]
    Skeleton..back? walsorb xD
    [​IMG]
    Tundra/Siberian Walsorb [this is an example of a walsorb growing fur]
    [​IMG]
    Diamondback Walsorb
    [​IMG]
    Egg..Walsorb? Anyone?
    [​IMG]

Some Walsorbs modify the molecules in their body to adapt to the environment they're living in. For example, when one is living in the swamp, he/she will develop swamp-like features. I'll explain this later.

This is how they move [Blue=normal, Red=attack]
    [​IMG]
    On surface, they jump like a mad bunny [not really mad but]. They use their flippers to swing across the air. Though when on water, they have fluid movement and they're faster.
    When one is provoked, the whole group goes aggressive on you. They usually try to pounce onto your body. When they do, they suck energy from you until you run out. In-game, only one Walsorb can be attached to a person at a time. Of course they damage you but, only on their attack animation. Energy based weapons wouldn't work on them since they'll absorb it and in turn, will make them even stronger and faster. Every time they get energy, they will glow brighter and brighter until, they explode into a burst of energy but, this will take time. The explosion does huge amounts of damage. Like I sad earlier, after the explosion, tiny organisms are produced. They won't do anything and they'll die out eventually unless if there is energy, they'll absorb it.
    Regarding glowing when gaining energy, some Walsorbs already glow. These Walsorbs have absorbed a huge amount of energy resulting in energy coming out of their bodies. When you encounter one, don't fire them with energy based weapons nor let them suck on you or they'll explode.
    Some Walsorbs have certain abilities. As I said earlier:

This can open to types of Walsorbs.

FOOTSTOPPERS: When these type of walsorbs hop on you [this is when they'll suck your power], you cannot move. Although you can swing your sword and do stuff, you cannot walk or fly or whatever. These walsorbs are very heavy. Examples of these are steel Walsorbs [self-explanatory], plant Walsorb [this ain't really heavy but they'll attach their roots on the ground, so basically you cannot move]

SLOWERS: These Walsorbs will slow your movement speed/attack speed when they hop on you. Examples of these are Ice/Snow Walsorbs, Swamp Walsorbs.

DoT [DAMAGE-OVER-TIMER/S]: When these walsorbs are on you, they'll damage you over time. Examples of these are Heat/Fire Walsorbs, Poison Walsorbs [posion walsorbs have adapted to toxic environments]

SMASHERS: These Walsorbs lower your defense and they have slightly increased damage than the rest. Examples of these are Stone Walsorbs, Lava Walsorbs

All these Walsorb glow according to what they have adapted from. They are basically glowing Walsorbs. There are around 2-3 of these Walsorbs or in a group so be cautious.

Oh and those were just baby Walsorbs.

EVOLUTION OF A WALSORB
    [​IMG]
    Walsorbs don't age, instead they evolve. They evolve into different kinds of aspects. The larger energy they need, the more they need to evolve into a much suitable form. It takes years to evolve into a certain form though, it might be possible for one to instantly transform if trained well...by a player? or I dunno:rolleyes: ;)

[​IMG]
    This is the standard evolution of a Walsorb [No, only the form, that's a gold diamondback Walsorb]. Their tusks and flippers have grown a lot longer. Their brains are relocated at the head. Their shells are not anymore there to protect it but instead, it is used for carrying things/storing energy. It is also used to attack and defend.

Evolved Walsorbs usually wander on their own. Finding one of these is very, very rare and certainly finding a group of, let's say 2-4, is very,very,very rare.

They have the same characteristics/abilities of a baby walsorb. Instead of hopping on you, they'll bite you with their tusks and this will immediately take out a lot of your energy. Also they have more focus on their energy. They can channel energy into parts of their body. Their shells can also help them fight and defend. Also, they can store huge amounts of energy thus they can absorb more power and become stronger and faster. Encountering one would be a struggle. They move on all fours by sliding them. They are like swimming on land and they are as fast as in water. They'll lunge at you and try to grab you. When they do so, they pierce their tusks into you. Their tusks are capable of absorbing energy. When they sucked all energy, they release you and thrust you with a power jab [they channel energy to the arms and punch you, at the same time, unleash the energy which will cause a small blast]. As a bonus, they have the ability to release energy so they can't be full of them thus, they cannot explode unless they want to reproduce. They will also use their shells as shields. An unprepared traveler is pretty much dead.

Evolved Walsorbs range from forms of a dinosaur to a penguin. Some Walsorbs have no form at all. Mostly, these Walsorbs hide under a civilization/city and they feed on the energy. Although they can take the form of a bird, they won't have the ability to fly.

It is also known that a Walsorb can adapt the way humans stand and walk.
    [​IMG]
    Evolved Siberian Walsorb roaming in deep snow.​
    [​IMG]
    Whale evolution
    [​IMG]
    Penguin evolution​
    [​IMG]
    In-game, evolution, I think this should be just the pet feature. You know, evolve the Walsorb you have captured. Also, I haven't mentioned this before but the small organsims from the explosion of a Walsorb can be captured easily so one should consider that, but it'd be tough since they'll die out fast and it'll take incredible amounts of energy before the Walsorb explodes.
    So yeah, that's it. Basically, they are like free form animals that absorb energy. I'll upload more pictures if there is still time. Thank you for reading and tell me if there are typos and such. I'm not much of a explainer. Also, please excuse my art [I can see alot of mistakes], I'm new to this Paint.net. Anyhow, can someone teach me how to make things glow? I want to make glowing walsorbs.

2. Dibidy

Dibidy Stuck

Update: Fixed some typos and such. Fixed pictures not showing up

3. Giant Door

Giant Door Space Penguin Leader

Pretty cute creature that evolves nicely and has good potential for variation... however I would change the backstory, I mean trying to integrate it into the central plot seems like a risky venture imo

4. Dibidy

Dibidy Stuck

Thanks!
    Mmm yeah, I get your point. I think I might chang....okay planet A is now called Dibid [not the planet the starbound protagonist fled from].
    Unknown enemy is still unknown enemy.

5. Dibidy

Dibidy Stuck

An evolved Siberian Walsorb roaming in the deep snow. Also, its shell is like frozen reptilian skin.
    [​IMG]