REQUEST Wallpaper and Flooring that match the Spouse rooms?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by GBDetective, Apr 14, 2016.

?

Does it bother you if the bedroom floor and walls don't match your spouse's side of the room?

1. Yes.

154 vote(s)
    95.7%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool, so it does work. I'll get back to work now.

• GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

I got stuck trying to load that Penny save for the longest time. I think it being in fullscreen mode freezes up my laptop whnever it tries to load. I'll mess with it some more later.

At least Leah's wallpaper (and the same floor as Sebastian ad Abigail) works smoothly.

[​IMG]

EDIT:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
        AlexLione and bulbaswat like this.
      • bulbaswat

Okay the new "complete" version is now done and uploaded. You can find it at the download link I posted previously, for it has replaced the old one. If you can't access it, let me know so I can fix it. Here's a preview:
        upload_2016-4-15_0-30-1.png

I honestly don't know what to do about Alex's floor. It just looks terrible to me. Other than that it should be good though. Let me know if there are any problems. If you want a custom version, because this one absolutely will not work for you, ask me and I might do it for you, just be sure to specify what parts you want, and what you want replaced.

• GBDetective

This is fantastic! You really nailed Alex's, Maru's, and Sam's walls too.

The only other request I'd want would be exactly this, plus replacing the default yellow wood flooring in the first slot with Sebastian's flooring (to deal with the unchangeable strip of floor in the third tier house).

Advice on how to change flooring in slot one to the other floors (for other spouse files) afterwards would be appreciated, but you've done enough for me already. :) I'll test and post more shots of these tomorrow, and hopefully upload a save file with a mermaid's pendant and all the marriage candidates at 10 hearts.

Really, thank you so much! This is perfect for anyone looking to make their shared bedroom into one coherent room.

• bulbaswat

Okay, I decided to make 11 alternate versions that each have, for the most part, just the default slots edited to match each spouse's wall and floor, with Haley having an alternate version that uses the tree one as default instead of the one I made. They are uploaded and available now at the same download link.

As for learning how to do this yourself, I'd suggest reading this guide, as it's where I learned to do it, and I feel it would describe it much better than I could. Let me know if you need any help with it, as some people do seem to struggle with it.

If there is anymore I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask, okay? :)

GBDetective and taintedwheat like this.
            • GBDetective

Holy crap, thank you so much for making alternate default versions for each of the spouses! You really went above and beyond for this.

Thanks for the link to the modding guide as well. The amount of alterable aspects documented here will be very handy in the future.

Being able to make the entire bedroom-including the unchangeable floor strip-match each spouse perfectly is absolutely amazing. I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent on making this a reality. Thank you again! :)

bulbaswat likes this.
              • bulbaswat

It's no problem really! I'm glad to be of help, and as a bonus, I now have Sebastian's wallpaper, which I quite like. If there's anything more I can do, just let me know :)

• PcpR

PcpR Void-Bound Voyager

Hey! I downloaded various versions but can not find Penny wall
                  What should download? What number is the wallpaper penny? (I edit from the game data)

• bulbaswat

I don't know what number hers is, but I can tell you it replaces this one:
                    upload_2016-6-18_11-15-35.png

As for what version you should get, the one you see first is the one with all of them that has Penny's wallpaper in that slot. The one in the penny folder replaces the default wallpaper and floor with hers. Matter of preference really, but that's the difference between them. Remember you need to replace two files with it, one in the content folder, one in the maps folder. If you forget to replace one of those, you'll only have either the icons replaced or the actual tiles replaced.

If there's any further help I can provide, just let me know.